Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Crash upon clicking the globe
I was in the office, going to open up a new branch. I pushed the globe, and the game crashed.

p.s. the log says that it was last updated yesterday evening, not recently (?)... Rolleyes

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 36.77 KB / Downloads: 394)
From the looks of the log, Directx crashed. Does it happen every time you try it? Does it happen every time you try it with this particular saved game.

1.08 does have some memory leaks in the vram. I cleaned up most of these (I hope) in 1.09.

IF it is a rare crash or a one shot thing, it is probably best to wait until 1.09 is out at the end of the month. I think 1.09 will probably clear out this bug assuming it's vram related.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
No, it's just a random thing (like this http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=354) which happens every once in a while. I'll try to find a pattern, but I can't think one atm.
Ok so you're actually not using the Nvidia GeForce GT 540M, but the integrated Intel HD 4000 video card that your laptop also has. For some reason your laptop is not switching to the Nvidia card when you run the game. Thus you're using the Intel card which is barely able to run the game.

Here is what you can try in order from easiest to hardest:
Update your drivers.
Check to see if there is a way to make the Nvidia card run GearCity by default.
Check to see if there is a way to disable the Intel card.
Contact your laptop's customer support to see if there is any way to default the Nvidia card over the Intel card when running a specific application.

From a programming perspective there isn't much I can do to force the Nvidia card to load. But at least we narrowed down your issue! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
ah ok, well that Intel screws with games on this computer is nothing new. It has messed with games like CiM(1), capping the amount playable of time. Wink
There should be a way to whitelist the game using the nvidia drivers/utilities.
oh cheers mate, have whitelisted Gearcity/CiM, will see what happens. Hopefully it will end any kind of stupid crashes