Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[$1000] #166 | Hybrids Sub-Component | Requires: #59
Price: $1000

Description: This bounty splits hybrid fuel type into its own sub-component. With this bounty, we can offer more hybrid solutions and allow you to choose a fuel type for the internal combustion engine.

The game currently implements a Mild Parallel Hybrid gasoline system. We will add Micro hybrids (Start Stop), Series hybrids (Extended Range Electric Vehicles), Power-split hybrids (Full hybrid), and Plug-in Hybrids.

Hybrid technologies have existed since the dawn of the automobile industry. We'll make the technology available in the early game years, but they will have low sub-component ratings.

Requirements:  #59

Required By: None

Concerns: Eventually, we'll have too many selections for sub-components. Shoehorning it into the selection UI will cause us to have to redesign the UI.

Eric's Opinion: Another minor flaw in the game's design. Over the last decade and a half, there has been a rise in many different hybrid systems. This bounty, paired with fuel regulations, greatly increases the importance of hybrids in the game.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski