Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Beta 1.0 / Completed Gearbox not showing in Vechicle Design window
DESCRIPTION

On certain new created games, after researching & completing a Gearbox component - It is not being seen when you go to Design a new Vechicle. The dialog pops up to select a Gearbox but none are listed. After clicking Cancel, another Messagebox pops up "You have not designed any Gearboxes"

Researching a new Gearbox and completing still does not allow the Vechicle Designer to see the 2nd Gearbox.

a new game must be generated.

Log File Attached:
YES

# of Occurences:
1 out of 8 games created

Reproduction Steps:
-Create a new Game
-Research Gearbox, Engine, and Chassis
-Finish Research of all 3 components
-Research a new vehicle and attempt to select "Gearbox"
-Repeat steps until failure occurs

Available Workaround:
- Create new game

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 47.86 KB / Downloads: 392)
Could you zip the savegame file (located in My Documents/VENT/GearCity/SaveGames) and upload that as well for me please.

Thank you.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Save Game added

Attached Files
.zip   Justin29.zip (Size: 82.14 KB / Downloads: 398)
I believe I've found the problem. You've designed a transverse engine but not a gearbox designed for transversed motors.

Of course the biggest problem is that there is no option visible to make a transversed gearbox!
I'll be able to fix this issue Wednesday. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Bug has been fixed, Transverse engines are not allowed to be created until 1907.

If you make a transversed engine you must have a transversed gearbox.

Changes will be in the next patch.