Visual Entertainment and Technologies Forum

Full Version: [FIXED]Beta 1.0 / Completed Gearbox not showing in Vechicle Design window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DESCRIPTION

On certain new created games, after researching & completing a Gearbox component - It is not being seen when you go to Design a new Vechicle. The dialog pops up to select a Gearbox but none are listed. After clicking Cancel, another Messagebox pops up "You have not designed any Gearboxes"

Researching a new Gearbox and completing still does not allow the Vechicle Designer to see the 2nd Gearbox.

a new game must be generated.

Log File Attached:
YES

# of Occurences:
1 out of 8 games created

Reproduction Steps:
-Create a new Game
-Research Gearbox, Engine, and Chassis
-Finish Research of all 3 components
-Research a new vehicle and attempt to select "Gearbox"
-Repeat steps until failure occurs

Available Workaround:
- Create new game
Could you zip the savegame file (located in My Documents/VENT/GearCity/SaveGames) and upload that as well for me please.

Thank you.
Save Game added
I believe I've found the problem. You've designed a transverse engine but not a gearbox designed for transversed motors.

Of course the biggest problem is that there is no option visible to make a transversed gearbox!
I'll be able to fix this issue Wednesday. Smile
Bug has been fixed, Transverse engines are not allowed to be created until 1907.

If you make a transversed engine you must have a transversed gearbox.

Changes will be in the next patch.