Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Estimeted Unit Cost randomize on scrollbar draging
(04-02-2013, 01:24 PM)dario Wrote:
(04-02-2013, 12:41 PM)Corwin86 Wrote: I have tested a while and I think that the estimation is deterministic, only... a little large between steps Smile

Eric should know, but I think yes, if aging and more tecnology bring to less estimation.

So is not deterministic, deterministic is when with the same input you have the same output, if a chose some specs the game will say a cost if i come back later it will say another sum so it is random not deterministic (or better pseudo-random cause dont exist total randmness in pc)

Dario...
I know well the all these definitions and I'm a software developer.

I would say this system is "partly" deterministic, if this can be said.

I have just explain all in my post above.

I hope the explanation of the actual system satisfies you, and to don not fall into a "war" of definitions of which would not understand the meaning.
The randomness value has been assigned when you enter the room and will remain constant. Image system is still not enabled, thus the randomness will not shrink yet, however you shouldn't see jumping values like you used to anymore.

This has been included in the next patch. And i'd like to hear your thoughts on it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
For me it seems that is fine now.