Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Estimeted Unit Cost randomize on scrollbar draging
I found a little issue with "Estimeted Unit Cost" in designer. For exampe if you start drag a scrollbar of "Focus on Fuel Economy" and it hit maximum then draging more to the right will randomly change value of "Estimeted Unit Cost".
Pictures shows what I mean. Parameteres of engine are exactly the same.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I was able to reproduce this bug.
I believe it's not a bug, but a feature. Actual Unit Cost stays the same, and Estimate was intended to be uncertain. The bad thing is, that the way that uncertainty is introduce is unnatural, and the whole idea of uncertainty is just wrong. Player needs to have feedback and to know how much more exactly does he need to spend to achieve a better product.
(04-01-2013, 10:56 AM)Shleizer Wrote: I found a little issue with "Estimeted Unit Cost" in designer. For exampe if you start drag a scrollbar of "Focus on Fuel Economy" and it hit maximum then draging more to the right will randomly change value of "Estimeted Unit Cost".
Pictures shows what I mean. Parameteres of engine are exactly the same.

I can't find the exact post, but yes this has been brought up before.

Essentially the unit cost are an estimation, this will become more accurate when your "Design/Engineering Image" values go up. As of right now the Image system is not enabled, so you will have no noticeable change in estimation accuracy.

This is added to the Gearbox and the Engine, but not the Chassis. And it still needs some tweaking, but feedback is appreciated. Is this a feature that you would like? Or should I just give straight prices as Kubby suggest.

The problem with straight prices, is that you never can truly guess exactly how much a unit will cost BEFORE you actually physically make something. So it would make the game a little unrealistic. Maybe there is another solution?

A feature I'll be adding soon is price reduction based on mas production. This feature will reduce the unit prices based on how many units you build.

Anyhoo thoughts are welcomed! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I think I didn't explain issue clearly. I mean when you drag scrollbar and it hits the limits and you continue to drag out of its boundary, then scrollbar position isn't changing but estimeted value is still changing.
Yes, but Eric was really talking about this, and trying to answer Smile

This is how now (maybe it will change, and, as Eric said, it will also make better) the system work.
The number that you see, as I was able to understand, are "estimates".
You will be able to see the "real" numbers, when your understanding of tecnology (talking about your company) will raise... or, at least, this is what I have understood Tongue
I think the estimates completely random are unreal, think of a real case to go to engineer and ask him "do you think it costs a piece with these characteristics?" and he says "approximately $ 1,000" back on 5 minutes later and was like "approximately $ 1,800". It is unrealistic, in my estimation should be deterministic and the rounded figure depending on the skill of the engineer. If the piece costs $ 566.23 a good one will tell you "costs approximately $ 570" maybe one less good "aprossitativamente $ 600" but still the same amount unless you change the characteristics or the engineer.
I have tested a while and I think that the estimation is deterministic, only... a little large between steps Smile

Eric should know, but I think yes, if aging and more tecnology bring to less estimation.
The coming up patch will have some minor tweaks that'll hopefully fix some of the issues you guys have with it. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(04-02-2013, 12:41 PM)Corwin86 Wrote: I have tested a while and I think that the estimation is deterministic, only... a little large between steps Smile

Eric should know, but I think yes, if aging and more tecnology bring to less estimation.

So is not deterministic, deterministic is when with the same input you have the same output, if a chose some specs the game will say a cost if i come back later it will say another sum so it is random not deterministic (or better pseudo-random cause dont exist total randmness in pc)