Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Too many passengers (create car)
In fact, no... how can I control this?
Under charts in the sales log, check to see the models sold in the city... I don't think I have a way to see AI cars specs yet, it's on my todo list.

If you upload your save file(located in My Documents/VENT/GearCity/savegames/. (zip it up, attach it to the thread) I can take a quick look real quick and tell you why you're not moving any units.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Ok, thanks very much for explanation Smile

I attach my save.

Attached Files
.zip   Prova3.zip (Size: 99.38 KB / Downloads: 402)
At a quick glance, there are 7 different cars, by 4 different companies (including yours) in Milian.

The prices range between $600 to $3717... Your main competition funny enough is the $3717... Yes a $3717 microcar in 1900... I think AD Cars will be going out of business soon. Luckily, they're not selling anything either. So why are you not selling anything?

Remember this is early 1900s, there isn't much wealth. Italy's per capita at the time is 166. A $600 car is 5x greater than the average person's one year income. On top of that, if you were to actually look at a wealth distribution chart such as this one: http://www.mybudget360.com/wp-content/up...tates1.png

The US percapita at this time is 48k, We'll see that a HUGE chunk of the population falls under $250,000 (5 times per capita.) On top of this you're making a microcar. Who's target demographic is generally the less well off. When was the last time you saw anyone driving a $250,000 micro car?

So in summation only the super wealthy in italy can afford your car. And those people will be snobby to the idea of a driving microcar. Try making something more popular with the well to do like a touring car, then switch to microcars in the 1920s when car manufacturing prices lower enough to where the middle class can buy your car.

Also I noticed you're building way to many units. You're selling 70 per turn but building 144... You can see your reserves in View Detalis under Factory window on the world map:

Breakdown for last turn:

Compact Car $1745 - 3 sold
Coupe 2+2 $2419 - 3 sold
Luxury Sedan $3318 - 1 sold
Microcar $3717 - 0 sold
Microcar $600 - 0 sold
Pickup Truck $2601 - 3 sold
Roadster 2+2 $2705 - 2 sold
sedan $2576 - 5 sold
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Thanks very much for explanations Smile

But is it possible to get the all this data in the game?

I mean, a little help can be very important, at least to know the "average" level of spending limit for a nation or a city.
Maybe, instead of a number, you can use the "stars" as a describer... I think that is already possible, but I have not clearly examined the instruments already in.
Whenever you look at the cities in the world map you can see the population and per capita in the city at a given time and even more information that you probably have missed )
Yeah, now I have seen and understood them red face

I think this game is very "complete", I certanly don't expected so many information/possibilities in a BETA.
In fact, I really think that, with a little of advertising, it can become a decent success (I prefer not to go over, for good luck Smile ).