Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Too many passengers (create car)
My first creation was a commercial failure (no selling, also setting it to 10$ Tongue ), but a marvel of transport...

5 passengers for two seats? (see the image)... Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Besides the passengers (that's Eric's deal) ... why a commercial fail? What were you selling it at and how many cities?

Oh... and I love the effort that went into the screen, including the car itself and the captions Tongue
Hi,

I tried to selling it in Genoa (my starting city) in 1901.
Maybe I'm just doing something wrong with all the settings:
- I produce the car (I arrived to have 500 car in my factory)
- I set the branch to selling it (at 1000 $)
- and then nothing, I sell nothing Sad

I apologize, but I was too anxious to try the game and I still have not watched the tutorial Rolleyes

Anyhow, if you need the save, I can attach here or sent it to you (maybe tomorrow, here in Italy is 4 AM, and I have to consider to go to sleep... hell of a game cool ).
Well - the tutorial explains basic mechanics, so in your case it would not metter TOO much, unless you have flaws in components or car design (people may just not like it - what did the car review say in the magazine? ) ... BUT ... do look at per capita and city population (as well as avarage income) in the starting city, or any other city you plan to sell at. My (personal.. sh... ) advice - for starters... try setting up in Paris and immediately after you desing the car start selling in major cities near by.. say.. London ...
The passengers is a known issue. I have it set per vehicle type and not per base mesh. That being said I think we could fit 5 people in there! biggrin

$1000 is probably too expensive for Genoa. You should be selling a few, but if there is AI companies there they might out price you. I have successfully ran a company out of Milan so it can be done.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
So cool, I like it.
Maybe it's true, the car has flaws, but it's not always so simple to understand what type of flaw confused

I will try again with another draft and I will see and say to you.
My advice would be to make a cheap cheap car. And keep on the look out for AI in your city. (You can view them in the charting/graphing stuff in the log.) If they enter Italy, be more aggressive with pricing.

Also don't be afraid to expand throughout Europe. France and Germany are prime targets for a more expensive vehicle than Italy.

Also consider this, dilute the cost of your branches by selling more variety of models.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Ok, creating a "cheap" car seems to work fine, but only if you sell that in some "big" city (in Genoa, at 1900, you sold nothing... cool )

Only, this time I spent too much in branches... and I go bankrupt in six month with a market share of 10%!
I will be more careful, next time Rolleyes
Are you sure there is no AI in Genoa at the same time selling the same type of cars you are?