Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
District System Feedback
(07-12-2015, 08:21 PM)Shepherd Wrote:
Quote:='Eric.B' pid='6883' dateline='1436747869']

However if you do NOT set a district lock on Cairo branch, instead say you set shipping distance to 20,000km it WILL pull from every factory within 20,000km.
This i just nonsensical. Why would you want to do that. I do not understand the need for having that option.
I was just making a generalization that is easy to see what the system can do.

A better real world example would be a situation where you want low margin branches pulling from a specific low wage factory. And a high margin branch you don't care where it comes from, you just want units. So you set it without district lock to pull globally or whatever.

As for why people would want to do this, don't ask me. It's what people wanted. And the last two days you seem to be the only person who has a problem with it. Smile

Quote:And personally I do not see the need to set the distance anymore. A well set up district works much better.
Good, but this doesn't make distance obsolete for people who still want to use them.
Outside of a busted data point, that I have said 4 times now, that I will fix or replace, what's the problem?

Quote:You could for example set EU West branches to pull from North America as well. In which case your EU West Branches would pull vehicles from North America Factories. Your EU West Branches WOULD NOT pull from EU West Factories.
Again, just making point using your district. Lets use a better example:

UK has high income. Italy does not. You're an Italian company. You want to charge $4000 for your car in UK, but only want to charge $2000 in Italy. Your factories are in Italy.

So you set UK district lock to Italy. And Italy District Locked to Italy. (The price difference is why you use Countries instead of Europe)

You do great! You buy a company in the USA. All your USA cars are district locked to USA. However you notice that Italy production is full and you have excess capacity in USA. Your margins are good enough you can eat the transportation costs. So you switch UK to ship from USA, and build a new plant in Italy. It's going to take 20 months for your factory to build in Italy. So it makes sense to ship from USA. You now have USA -> USA, USA -> UK, Italy -> Italy.

Say your new factory is built. There is SO much demand in London that it can fill both your Italian factories. Why limit your self to just USA? You go to London specifically, unlock district and set the shipping sliders to global. Your London branch is now getting all the excess production world wide. Your USA is still getting USA production, and Italy is getting all Italian production. And other UK cities such as Leeds is pulling from USA (since you set London individually and not district wide.)

Better?

Quote:It's is bugged as I showed earlier I had 4 cities drawing from London, but it reported only the London nr., in other words to little.

Yes, I know, as I said I will look at it. It's #3 on my todo list for 1.18.2. I'm waiting for uncontrollable factors to resolve themselves tonight before I can get back to work.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
@Shepherd
There you go, all fixed:

The last one here I built a branch in Algers. Since Algers is very poor, I sold the vehicle for MUCH less than you would in Europe. It would be silly to add it to Europe West District. Since I'm selling the vehicle for $1000 less than European branches. Anyhoo it moves 10 units from London. As such the Factory District View for European West shows 10 extra units that Brand District Europe West does not need. This is because Algeria is pulling 10 units from London.

Anyhoo, if that pleases you. Please next time don't get into 2 page arguments about it with me. Specially since this is what you said in the first post, and I agreed to you that I would fix it. Anything otherwise is a waste of yours and my time (and to be honest I don't have very much free time.)

If it's not what you want, please think carefully and formulate a much clearer request as I can't understand if you understand how the system works, or if you want something different.

Fixed estimated shipping range for factories will be in the next hotfix which is a part of the 1.18.2 series.

Night everyone.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(07-11-2015, 11:36 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Actually, you can't type in how many units you want to make.
You can put the curer in the box but it wont accept any input.

This has been fixed and will be included in the next hotpatch.
I think I'm too stupid for this. I'm trying to get three factories to feed branches all over the world, but I constantly have a higher global demand that what I manage to sell (by a large margin) and I have heaps of unsold cars piling up. I try to set the shipping distance in the branches by district, but everytime I check the distance seem to reset. Not quite sure how all of this works.
(07-15-2015, 05:28 AM)Tridon Wrote: I think I'm too stupid for this. I'm trying to get three factories to feed branches all over the world, but I constantly have a higher global demand that what I manage to sell (by a large margin) and I have heaps of unsold cars piling up. I try to set the shipping distance in the branches by district, but everytime I check the distance seem to reset. Not quite sure how all of this works.

Did you check the Shipping Lock or District Lock on any of the individual vehicles or Branches? If so then it would reset the distances because it's locked to that shipping value. You would need to uncheck them for the new values to take effect.
I had not adjusted or locked anything for any specific branches or vehicles, but I went through the default continental districts and set the branches there to max shipping distance. However, they were reset as soon as I left the map. The shipping distance did save properly when I went in to single branches one by one later on.

However I solved this by making my own district containing all the cities in the world, and used that district to set the branches to max shipping distance. Seems to work fine, and my reserves are dwindling Smile (are there any plans to make it possible to drag boxes for selection of cities when you wish to make large districts? I know I'm a cheating scumbag, but clicking all them cities was a bit tedious Tongue)
(07-15-2015, 06:55 AM)Tridon Wrote: I had not adjusted or locked anything for any specific branches or vehicles, but I went through the default continental districts and set the branches there to max shipping distance.
Silly question, did you hit "apply" ?

Were you doing it individual vehicles or the entire branch?

Quote: (are there any plans to make it possible to drag boxes for selection of cities when you wish to make large districts? I know I'm a cheating scumbag, but clicking all them cities was a bit tedious Tongue)

Already exists, just hold the left mouse button down and drag.
And there the game crashed O_o
Except for the magazine crash i mentioned yesterday, this is the first time the game crashed in 110 hours. Uploading the logfile, since this happened after I had used the districting system, let it run one turn, and then clicked the globe. Not at all critical to me unless this continues to happen, but just in case you are curious. (yeah, can't reproduce the crash now)

When you use the districts to set shipping distance for branches, there is no apply button that I could se, but only the distance slider and "Set Shipping Distance"-button. It seems like the changes aren't saved.

I'm no stranger to the idea that I'm using it incorrectly, as everytime I comment something here you manage to point out at least one thing I'm incapable of doing correctly Tongue Like the drag boxes thingy... I don't even.... *sigh*

Attached Files
.rar   Logfile.rar (Size: 27.49 KB / Downloads: 464)
Tridon, do you still have the save game that you are having branch shipping issues with. I am unable to duplicate your issue. So I would like to double check to make sure you don't have a district or shipping lock in place.

Also, did you hit "Set Shipping Distance" button. That's what applies the new shipping distance. I'm going to reword it to "Apply Shipping Distance"
(07-11-2015, 11:36 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: In the new factory UI the only way to tell how many lines you're allocating for production is to calculate it base on in the change in how many are available which is a bit tedious. It should show just above the slider how many lines are being allocated (see attachment). This is missing on all production screen now.

I don't think this was ever on any of the production screens.

In anycase, it's been added. Marking the ticket as fixed.