Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
District System Feedback
So what do you think? What do you like? What do you hate?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I am trying it out now, but it will take some playing to really test it out. Need to build a global company from scratch again.

Bug: The competition screen (where you can see your own and the competitions sales) is now broken. It just shows nothing.
Not sure about the change in button style.
I know that's not really the kind of feedback you're chasing yet but that's as far as I've gotten.
Are you planning on making all buttons look like the new ones?
It'd be less jarring if they were all the same I guess.

Also, the "Competition" button in the city information window in the atlas no longer shows any information.
What I do like is the new visual clue for build quality. It seems my earlier hunch about how much it was ok to move the slider towards quantity was, just about spot on.
Use the Competition view on Branch Distribution / District System until I get a hotfix out.

(07-10-2015, 06:43 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Not sure about the change in button style.
I know that's not really the kind of feedback you're chasing yet but that's as far as I've gotten.
Are you planning on making all buttons look like the new ones?
It'd be less jarring if they were all the same I guess.

I assume you're talking about the RND buttons? Or the Buttons on the world map?

RnD will probably go back to what they were. World Map buttons however will remain the big fat ugly grey. It's hip with the kids.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
City Level Competition View issue has been fixed and will be included in a hotfix tomorrow.
When using the district production menu, the value for last month's sales demand is 0 for all vehicles.
In the new factory UI the only way to tell how many lines you're allocating for production is to calculate it base on in the change in how many are available which is a bit tedious. It should show just above the slider how many lines are being allocated (see attachment). This is missing on all production screen now.

Also, I've suggested this before but it's even more important now. The left and right arrows should simply add or subtract 1 production line at a time (per click) rather than moving the slider a pre-determined % along. In massive games it'd be just about impossible to simply add one factory line (it's pretty hard with 120+ lines atm).
Yes, I know you can type in how many cars you want to build but there will be people who just want to quickly add 1 more line to production and jump out and keep playing.

(07-11-2015, 11:36 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Yes, I know you can type in how many cars you want to build but there will be people who just want to quickly add 1 more line to production and jump out and keep playing.

Actually, you can't type in how many units you want to make.
You can put the curer in the box but it wont accept any input.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-11-2015, 05:39 AM)Shepherd Wrote: When using the district production menu, the value for last month's sales demand is 0 for all vehicles.

This basicly makes it unusable. Especially if you like me use the: just in time/no stock overhead strategy. Since I adjust production every month, I use this a lot. If you use the single factory screen the number is there.

And another bug I have noticed after I expanded into Europe, is that in Europe it's screwed up. If you look at the above image I should be building stock, which I do not.

The reason for this seems to be that it only counts sales in London (240 units). I have tried with the default Europe shipping lock, and my own custom made. It makes no difference.

If you look at the District sale view the number sold sold + missed sales = 386 units. Which is what it should have shown.

In the US where I started I do not see this problem.

On a side note, the unit cost marked in the square seems way out of wack. But they have not seemed to be accurate before either.
(07-11-2015, 11:36 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: In the new factory UI the only way to tell how many lines you're allocating for production is to calculate it base on in the change in how many are available which is a bit tedious. It should show just above the slider how many lines are being allocated (see attachment). This is missing on all production screen now.
Noted, and will be added for 1.18.2

Quote:Also, I've suggested this before but it's even more important now. The left and right arrows should simply add or subtract 1 production line at a time (per click) rather than moving the slider a pre-determined % along.
And because you have suggested it before, it's in a ticket. In fact it's slated for 1.19. I can't do everything at once. If I did people would complain about the lack of updates! Wink

Quote:In massive games it'd be just about impossible to simply add one factory line (it's pretty hard with 120+ lines atm).
Until the above is done, pop into a factory at the city level and add one line.

(07-11-2015, 11:36 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Actually, you can't type in how many units you want to make.
You can put the curer in the box but it wont accept any input.
Is this only happening on the district system? It works correctly on the city level yes?

(07-12-2015, 06:33 AM)Shepherd Wrote: This basicly makes it unusable. Especially if you like me use the: just in time/no stock overhead strategy. Since I adjust production every month, I use this a lot. If you use the single factory screen the number is there.
Shipping has moved to the branch side of things based on popular demand. I'm not sure if we'll be getting the "estimated units in shipping area" back in the factory menu, as it would require a bit of reverse calculations. Also now that shipping can be regulated to districts and not a shipping radius it makes it that much harder to calculate. We'll see though. In the meantime however, if you're trying to walk a fine line of supply, limit your branches to shipping from a certain area, then using the branch system, check the demand and set your factories in the shipping area accordingly.

Quote:And another bug I have noticed after I expanded into Europe, is that in Europe it's screwed up. If you look at the above image I should be building stock, which I do not.

The reason for this seems to be that it only counts sales in London (240 units). I have tried with the default Europe shipping lock, and my own custom made. It makes no difference.

I don't think this is screwed up. Selecting the London branch shows the sales you made in London, 256 units. It also says that the shipping to London is locked to "Europe West". Which means you're only shipping from factories in "Europe West".

When you click on "Europe West" it shows you the sales of that vehicle in all the cities in "Europe West" combined. So 256 in London + Paris + Leeds + Whatever that other British city is. = 354 Units + 32 missed sales (probably in Paris, Leeds, or whatever.)

Quote:If you look at the District sale view the number sold sold + missed sales = 386 units. Which is what it should have shown.
Shown where? In London? Why? You didn't sell 386 units in London, you sold 256 units there and didn't have any missing sales.

You won't get district specific data at the city level. Since Cities can be part of multiple districts. When you go to the City level you get City level data.

Quote:In the US where I started I do not see this problem.
If I read your problem correctly, you should have the same issue. Perhaps you're only getting sales from one city?

Quote:On a side note, the unit cost marked in the square seems way out of wack. But they have not seemed to be accurate before either.
It does seem transportation costs are out of wack since it's showing $700 to ship from London to London. Goes back to what I said earlier about moving shipping to branches. That being said, the costs have always been accurate, people just didn't understand how they're calculated. (All the money you spend in a month)/(all the cars you build and have in inventory) + unit costs + estimated transport = amount of money you need to charge to break even if you sold every vehicle built and in inventory.

I added the new manufacturing costs there to not include corporate expenses so people know what a single car's break even cost is. (Although this is not the breakeven for the company, you'll still lose money at price, which is the purpose of the other number...)