Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Prestige ratings working?
I plan on looking into it once I get to that part in the new racing code since racing effects image/skill points.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
To me the most sensible way to handle it would be to remove components from the equation altogether. They're included indirectly because they effect the numbers of the cars that use them so that way you're only using parts that are in use by that marque.
Components can not be removed from the equation without removing entire classifications such as Engine Design skills, if you remove that you remove research teams and you remove the ability to gain new technologies.

Components effect their components design skills. There is no other way to calculate who makes good engines and who makes good chassis etc. Yes the cars use these ratings, but not individually. The calculation for performance rating for example comes from the combination of the three components and various other factors. There is no way to extract that you make good engines when 50% of the formula has nothing to do with engines.

The calculations behind the scenes will change, but the gameplay mechanics for it will not. I am firm on that.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I was referring specifically to prestige ratings not design skills. Or does design skill effect prestige?
Ah, I read you wrong then. Sorry, I thought you wanted to remove components from the image/skill system all together. Mentally I equate skills/image as the same thing since the code is all the same place and is all calculated similarly.

I'd still rather keep components (especially in quality) effecting image. I've got a pretty good idea on how to do it and fix the problem as well.

In any event as I said, I'll mull over it when I get toward the end of the racing code. That's the best time to fiddle with it. If it's still crap after that, I can strip components from the "image" ratings as you suggested.
Cool, looking forward to seeing your solution and play testing it Smile

Will you get a change to go over the prestige report as well?
Depends on if the racing redesign gives me any headaches.
I did do a bunch of work on this for 1.16,
As such I'm marking this particular thread as fixed.

Please make a new thread if you guys run into anymore issues with the Prestige/Image ratings.
I have a problem with this too. I bought AGS to have a budget brand next to my hyper luxury brand. The luxury rating is 41, mine dropped from 45 to 20 in a couple of years. Something in the ratings isn't working properly.
(06-22-2015, 11:04 AM)Dolehof Wrote: I have a problem with this too. I bought AGS to have a budget brand next to my hyper luxury brand. The luxury rating is 41, mine dropped from 45 to 20 in a couple of years. Something in the ratings isn't working properly.

Did you have a recall? What were the luxury ratings of the vehicles being sold under AGS? If you can upload your save game I can take a look. (Zip up the files to upload on here.)