Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Prestige ratings working?
Are the prestige rating currently working properly?
I ask because I've been playing a game that I started in 1980 and it's now 2006. For the entire game I have had far and above the highest luxury ratings on my cars and have been consistently among the highest comfort ratings yet I have an Abysmal luxury prestige and most of my opposition are either Great or Fantastic.
I've also had a terrible quality rating for decades but it's recently shot up to Fantastic and I haven't really done anything to change that... well, nothing that I hadn't already been doing since the first turn anyway.

Here's a save cuz they're fun.

Attached Files
.rar   Stuart - Copy.rar (Size: 3.27 MB / Downloads: 427)
Prestige it self is working, the display of prestige has been wonky for the last 4 major versions or so.
You have 54 rating in luxury, and 1.9 rating in quality.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Is that out of 100? 0_o
Ratings move slowly, but yes, your quality image rating is pretty horrible. People think your cars are bad quality, like 70/80s Jaguars! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Even though all my quality sliders are set at 80 and have been for a while and my quality slider in the factory is always closer to quality than speed? How the hell is it so low?
Factors in Image_Quality:
Car Ratings: Rating_Quality * 3,Rating_Dependability*3,Manu Req ,Rating_Overall
Chassis: Overall_Dependabilty*3,Overall_Strength,Req_Manu,Overall
Engines: engineReliability*5,overallRating,manureq
Gearboxes: ReliabiltyRating*5,OverallRating,Manu_Req
Brand Marketing Efficiency * 102
Specific Marketing Efficiency * 120

Divide this by count, compare to previous rating, if higher increase image rating slightly, if lower decrease slighty.

I didn't dig deeper to why you're numbers are this low, but it is an accumulative effect. Do you have a lot of crappy parts laying around?
(08-31-2014, 04:41 PM)Eric.B Wrote: I didn't dig deeper to why you're numbers are this low, but it is an accumulative effect. Do you have a lot of crappy parts laying around?

Does having old parts not disconnected effect your rating even if they're not in use?

And to answer your question I did until a little while ago. Can't remember when I deleted them exactly.
I can't say for sure, because I don't have the code in front of me, but yes. I would imagine it takes into account of anything that has an active status.
(09-01-2014, 07:17 AM)Eric.B Wrote: I can't say for sure, because I don't have the code in front of me, but yes. I would imagine it takes into account of anything that has an active status.

I can see there being a pretty bad problem with this approach. If you own a premium marque and a budget marque, the budget components you make for the budget marque will negatively impact the image of the premium marque even if they aren't being used in the cars and vice versa.
(09-01-2014, 02:56 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(09-01-2014, 07:17 AM)Eric.B Wrote: I can't say for sure, because I don't have the code in front of me, but yes. I would imagine it takes into account of anything that has an active status.

I can see there being a pretty bad problem with this approach. If you own a premium marque and a budget marque, the budget components you make for the budget marque will negatively impact the image of the premium marque even if they aren't being used in the cars and vice versa.

I agree, this really has to be looked at.