Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Prestige ratings working?
No, 'Spare no Expense' and 'Perfection' are known to be mottos of my company. :p

I have no idea why my luxury rating is dropping, while I make my cars more and more luxurious since I can afford the development cost. I have added two saves, so you can compare how my ratings dropped in 11 years from 32 to 20, even though my products went from very luxurious to hyper luxurious in the meantime.

Attached Files
.zip   Ardele1913.zip (Size: 1.7 MB / Downloads: 464)
.zip   Ardele1924.zip (Size: 4.2 MB / Downloads: 422)
(06-23-2015, 11:43 AM)Dolehof Wrote: No, 'Spare no Expense' and 'Perfection' are known to be mottos of my company. :p

I have no idea why my luxury rating is dropping, while I make my cars more and more luxurious since I can afford the development cost. I have added two saves, so you can compare how my ratings dropped in 11 years from 32 to 20, even though my products went from very luxurious to hyper luxurious in the meantime.

Everything checks out fine. Your design skills for luxury are up, almost double for both your parent company and AGS between the two save files.

However you are building crappy quality cars. Probably because you're using quantity in manufacturing instead of quality. This means, while you might have luxurious designs the finished products are leaving a lot to be desired.

In 1.18.1 (1.19) I've added a notification on the side menu for manufacturing that tells you the change in vehicle quality based on how you adjust manufacturing sliders in the game.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I've lowered the quantity for my luxury brand already, but had it set towards quantity for a while to keep up with demand. What I wonder though is that the quality rating for brands is actually really high, shouldn't that be the main rating to drop instead of luxury? Also, how come the AGS luxury rating is doing better, those are produced in quantity all the time... Is it because they are simpler cars to manufacture, thus requiring less handwork to maintain their designed quality?

Anyway, some notification would be nice, as currently there was no indication my finished product was lacking in quality, the ratings and reviews told me otherwise.
It's a little miss wording in the image reports, as Workmanship is labeled as quality. Where as luxury rating is a combination of luxury designs and of the actual quality of the vehicles you are producing. It's all been tweaked for 1.18.1
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski