Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much access to engine types should we have?
Hmm. So the research is on a per company basis? So when I get a message new componment available it is acctually my company who have researched it? I thought it was some 3rd party suplier company who had done it. I had some issues with that. But luckily it seems I had missunderstood that.
But how could I have researched parts when I'm not funding the research department at all. My researchers must really love their job since they work for free and apparently bring the tools they need from home Wink

I thought the research budget affected how quickly I made the new engine I designed, the new gearbox and so on.
Dredging up an old thread.
It appears that flat engines were in use as early as 1900.
While the H engine, didn't appear until about the 1930's.
Inline engines were in common use from the late 1800's up to 14 cylinder designs.
U engines were first built by Bugatti in 1915-16, 16 cylinder 24.3 Litre and variants were still in use up until about 1975.
V engines, were in common usage from very early 1900. Ranging from
V-twins up to V24 during the later 1900's.
W engines were in first use around 1903 and are still in common use.
X Engine designs were in use from 1920 until about 1960.

Turbochargers were in first use from 1905.

An interesting note about powered automobiles:
In 1900, 40% of American automobiles were powered by steam, 38% by electricity, and 22% by gasoline.
So one wonders if small steam engines would be a viable alternative engine in the early 1900's until about 1920.
All of these are in the game as of 1.17.8, however most of the time you will not have the starting skills to use them. (Yes, including steam engines. Wink )
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski