Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Designing an Engine?! Help Please!
Hello, I've been playing with GearCity 1.13 patch for weeks now and I love it! But, there's a problem that I can't get if it's a bug or the way I'm doing it is wrong! Whenever I design Engine, Chassis, Gearbox or even a vehicle.. (I'll take the engine for example) No matter how good the fuel efficiency, power and reliability, the "Overall Rating" never changes to green stars at all! So with the Chassis and Gearbox!

Then, when designing a vehicle.. No matter how many horsepower and torque the engine has.. the vehicle is always "Bad" on fuel efficiency (Red star) and power (also red star), while Luxury, comfort.. etc, are all "Great" (Green Stars)!
Is it a bug?! or I'm doing something wrong?
(Engine example again) I tend to pull all the sliders to the right, Except the width and length sliders. Is this wrong? I tried to balance somethings with the sliders but that never worked!

Can you please guide me with this, much appreciated! And thanks for the great game anyways!
This is a known bug which has been been fixed in 1.14.

There isn't much you can do to fix this issue in 1.13, so my advice is to wait two or three weeks for the next build. Smile

Glad you enjoy the game.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
biggrin thanks for the quick response! I will be waiting (As always) for the next build biggrin It's really a great detail-rich game! Best of luck and I hope all the success for you and your game, great job!

But I do have a few suggestions that I hope to take in consideration, if it's possible, can you add stock-graphics (as wraith, shield, leopard, etc) and give the user a possibility to merge these things together and add some writing to create their own logo for the company? And the opportunity to update it as time passes by?

The other one is; Creating sub-brands as the "V-Series" with Cadillac and "AMG" with Mercedes.

Another one is, decrease the development period of "New Trim" vehicles since it was already developed. Or, when developing a new vehicle, give users the ability to create "Trims" from the same model during designing the "Core" model, and develop them together.

The very last one, WHICH I BEG FOR! extend the time period of Open Beta till the 1980s! And lock the period from 1990s till 2020s for the premium users. biggrin I do understand that you need to make money out of this, but you can extend the period of time till 1980s but reduce the amount of "Models" that you created for. Instead of offering 50 models for the 1980s, offer 10 models for Open Beta and 50 models for Full Beta.

If you liked my ideas I do have lots more of ideas that I'd love to share with you so let me know Smile
Hi Zane and welcome.

Many of your ideas have already been discussed in the suggestions section of the forum. Go check it out. Your input on some of those threads would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to check if something has already been suggested you can either use the search function or go take a look at Arakash's excellent (Unofficial)Suggestion Links Megathread.

To answer what you've suggested here:

Sub brands are already in the game in the form of marques that you can create. When you're in the office, click on the safe in the bottom right corner and have a look around. You'll find it in there (sorry, I don't have the game open right now or I'd give you a more detailed series of directions).

Decreasing development time for new trims and including multiple trims in a vehicles original development have both been discussed. I can't remember what came of the second one, I think it might be too complicated but not sure. The shorter time for new trims I believe is planned but is a low priority, so some time before full launch.

The extended time period is something many people have asked for but Eric has made his position clear. The FREE game will only ever go till 1930. However, 1.14 will have a Steam early access release that will go right to 2020ish. The price should be fairly reasonable so hopefully that wont be a problem.