Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Objective/Goals Suggestions
This is a thread about possible Goals/Objectives and ways they could be implemented in Gearcity.
These could be implemented in a number of ways, like having objectives that popup randomly from time to time, objectives that are set by the scenario you start with or even objectives you could choose from for certain rewards. There are a lot more possible ways to do it as well. You can discuss how you'd like to see them in this thread as well.

This thread was sparked by the discussion in this thread:
http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1454
This thread contains discussion on Starting Scenario Suggestions, so feel free to contribute to it if you think of some.

For now, ill copy past the objectives that were suggested by Frankschtaldt in the thread i linked above
(03-31-2014, 09:22 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Another type of scenario I'd like to see would be the "here are the perimeters of the game. Now try and meet this goal"
For a couple of quick examples:
- Start in 1969 and buy out Sheevy before the game ends.
- Start in 1920 with a factory in Tokyo. You can't build factories in this game. Reach a total of $1B deposited in your bank to win"
- Start the game in 1942 with this failing German brand (have a poorly set up/maintained dealer network and a crap factory with two bad cars no one wants and a bank debt). Pay off your bank debt to win.

Perhaps the two types of scenarios could be combined? Choose to save the German brand but apply the "really expensive fuel" modifier.

Some good suggestions of objectives there.
I especially like the bank debt one. That is one i could see generated randomly by your your shareholders if your debt gets too high.

Personally i think i like the idea of having the objectives as something you can turn on or off at game start. Once they are on, they are generated (perhaps only 1-2 at once) by specific conditions in your company. From various sources like shareholders of your company board of directors. (or even a country)

For some of my own suggestions:
- Certain percentage of market share in a certain vehicle type
- Certain percentage of market share in a specific city
- Vehicle in the top 5 all time (or this years)sales (might be really hard later on)
- Achieve a certain marketing image state