Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Research Teams GUI suggestions
Ive got some suggestions for the format of the Research Teams GUI
A basic screenshot of the research teams gui is included incase your not familiar with it.

Feel free to include more suggestions for this specific part of the gui if you like.

1. When you start to spend more on them, the number display that shows you how much you are spending can get really hard to read, as its often a 5-6 digit number.
Im not sure how to fix this, perhaps it automatically adds commas when you dont have your cursor in it? I think thats how ive seen it done in other games.

2. I cant speak for other gamers, but personally i mostly operate my Gearcity companies on a monthly profit/loss basis, with a lot of predictions/guessing.
So i would have no idea how much i could spend on this through a per year slider. Its not that i couldn't find out through yearly reports, its just that yearly is not how i usually operate, so it seems unnecessary to me.
I think the research team sliders should reflect this and be by month rather than by year.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Another very minor suggestion i didnt think was worthy of its own post for the research team area.

The slider should probably move smaller increments than it currently does either by dragging or pressing the left/right buttons.
For me in this 1905 game, its going by 150k increments, which is far too much for me as i probably only need to spend between 100-150k.

Perhaps you should use the click drag to move large increments if you need to, then have the left right buttons move small increments for fine adjustment?

There is a way around it currently, just by typing in each number into the box, but i still think its a good idea UI wise.
What does exactly this feature means? "Research Teams", the only result I found is wasting money with no results!
(05-05-2014, 02:34 PM)zane94s Wrote: What does exactly this feature means? "Research Teams", the only result I found is wasting money with no results!
I actually created a specific question on Research teams in my FAQ to explain what it was to people not familiar with it. No 22 specifically.
Its linked in my signature, but here is another link to it.
Made the prices monthly, added commas to the text boxes. This should also make it where the sliders don't move as much due to the numbers being smaller.

Marking as fixed.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski