Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video settings editor does not open
Awww, I was just about to complete my Gentoo VM install to see if I could duplicate the issue and get you a quick workaround. Great to hear you fixed it! (I can go back to working on the emissions bounty for the FBS.)

For GearCity 'Classic' v2.0.0.9, I'll be creating a launcher program to handle in-game news, launching the FBS, Mod-Tools, Video Settings Editor, etc. (Bounty #1) With that I will build QT5 from scratch, as it's probably my distro that tainted the QT5-Core file with systemd depends. Normally, I do my building in Slackware, since they're extremely vanilla with their packages. However, I did an unplanned port from QT4 to QT5 because of many HiDPI complaints with QT4, and I took the half-assed measure of just using the qt5-dev package included with Mageia.

So this will be fixed when I do that bounty for the GearCity "Classic" update.

Quote:I also notice a minor bug in the settings editor: It will not let me put a resolution larger than 1280x1024, even if I set the monitor index to 1. Knowing it is open source, it would likely not be hard to fix that at all! (Probably easier to just change my primary monitor for now though).

Interesting, it seems to work for me on this computer. Setting the monitor to 1 does open the game on the correct monitor, right? You should be able to enter a custom resolution, or alternatively, set one in the .xml file.

(If you take a gander at the code, forgive its messiness. Sadly, being a solo dev in game dev, I often have to be overly hasty, and that leads to sloppy code.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video settings editor does not open - by Eric.B - 04-05-2023, 10:19 PM