Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The ultimate marketing solution?
In this thread I suggested a number of ideas to make marketing more manageable but I have been thinking about it a lot of late (after spending three nights straight on one in game month on just setting up marketing!) and I think I have a really good solution!
Before I start I'd like to say that I still think the ideas in the above thread will be super useful and should still be implemented alongside this idea.
So the idea is basically to make marketing manageable on a regional scale in addition to on a per city scale as it is atm. I see this linking in with the ideas presented in this thread (I'll also be posting some updated ideas for the factory manager in that thread when I get a chance).
Note: although I am calling this idea a "marketing manager" it IS NOT AND AUTOMATED SYSTEM so it won't piss off people that hate them.

How I see it working: Each branch should have a check box underneath it's marketing section labeled "marketing manager" if this is checked the marketing controls would grey out and become unusable for that city.
Now, under the telephone menu (someone was talking about there needing to be more reasons to use the phone) there would be a marketing manager option. This would bring up a marketing screen basically the same as the screen used for controlling city marketing but with a dropdown box for selecting regions (the current regions used by the game ie Europe, north America etc.). This would display the combined total marketing cost of every city in the selected region with the "marketing manager" check box ticked and applying a marketing value in this screen would apply that percentage of the full marketing price to every city in that region with the check box ticked..
Also, once the values are setup in the marketing manager it should automatically add in a set numbers for and new cities that get their check box ticked.
Lastly, the manager should update marketing for every managed city so it is always the same percentage of the max value that you set it at when you set it up.

This system would give players complete control over marketing whilst MASSIVELY reducing the amount of time spent on it (especially if the apply all button was changed as per my suggestion as well)

I hope that all makes sense. It's really obvious in my head but that doesn't mean I communicated it well LOL

Messages In This Thread
The ultimate marketing solution? - by Frankschtaldt - 02-18-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: The ultimate marketing solution? - by Arakash - 02-18-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: The ultimate marketing solution? - by Arakash - 02-18-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: The ultimate marketing solution? - by Arakash - 02-19-2014, 12:44 AM
RE: The ultimate marketing solution? - by Arakash - 02-19-2014, 01:32 AM
RE: The ultimate marketing solution? - by Arakash - 03-02-2014, 05:57 AM