Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Racing QOL Changes
(I checked the FBS list for racing items and didn't see these)

I don't always enter cars in races, but when I do, there are a couple theoretically-small things that I'd like to see improved.

One is that for some reason, the memo about race results includes races whose season ended the previous month (and maybe those who have a gap in their schedule and had races the previous month?).  This is most obvious with the races that have one race per year - the 24 Hours of De Mans, for example.  Enter a super-awesome car, win the race, get the "1 victories, xyz points" memo one month, and get a "0 victories, 0 points" memo the next (or if you are in multiple races, it will include a 0 victories note in the memo for De Mans as well as whichever series had races going on).  It would be nice not to have these faux-results memos, as especially for the multiple-event series, it sometimes causes me to think, "wait, why am I not winning anything?  Is my car obsolete now?"

Related, it would be nice if the memo included how many races happened for those multi-event series.  "5 races, 4 victories, XYZ points" is a good result, "5 races, 1 victory, XYZ points" is a so-so result.

Lastly, in the "Racing" report, it would be nice if rather than "Dormant", a season that hadn't started said "Not Started", and one that was over said "Finished" (Dormant still makes sense if there's a gap in the schedule).  This is the least useful suggestion of the three IMO, but it would be kind of nice to help visualize the status of the season.

Would these be my top choices among all bounties?  Probably not in terms of features, but depending on the effort required, perhaps in terms of value.  I've been pleasantly surprised how useful that $25 Contract Winner in Memo bounty has proven to be.

[-]
Quick Reply