Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can maps have custom DYK (Did You Know) Files?
(02-26-2024, 12:35 PM)JC_Denton Wrote: However, the "Mod Data Tool" page doesn't exist (should there be an FBS entry for completing those unfinished wiki pages?).  In my MapFileForGame.xml, I have:

I'm supposed to be working on the manual every Mondays, but between the artwork never materializing and bug fixes, GearCity/2nd Gear has been sucking too much time away from AeroMogul, and the opportunity costs are too great. If we can ever get the artwork back on track, I could devote a little bit of time every week to finishing the manual. (Because the bulk of FBS funds would be going to artwork which requires very little from me.)

Since I'm currently working on yet another 2nd Gear bug fix update this week, I'll take a look at this for you and report back. As far as I recall, you need to have a mod file AND a map file for this. It's not specific to the map but an overrider in the mod files. I'll check it out once I clear game bugs and report back. Looking at my bug list, it will probably be tomorrow evening when I can get an answer.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can maps have custom DYK (Did You Know) Files? - by Eric.B - 02-26-2024, 06:50 PM