Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity v2.0.0.11 | GearCity: 2nd Gear v2.3.0.0
Greetings everyone!

We've got two updates today. Firstly, regular GearCity received a small bug fix update, most of which is shared with today's GearCity: 2nd Gear update.

GearCity: 2nd Gear's update contains a few bug fixes and all bounties funded for Milestone #3. Those bounties included a major engine overhaul and removing rating limits in the game. Both of these can cause issues with the game, so if you run into a problem with either, please contact me on the forums, chat, or email. I also need save games with a few decades of play on them. I need them for balancing purposes. I suspect it might take a few days or weeks to stabilize v2.3.0.0. Remember, you can always switch back to v2.2.0.0 with the instructions found here: https://ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4414

Version 2.0.0.11 Change Log:
-Engine: Fixed possible double free issues that could cause crashing when changing rooms.
-Engine: Fixed possible GUI Memory issue that could lead to crashing.
-Bugfix: Fixed mismatched type issue that prevented a performance optimization
-Bugfix: Fixed typos in reviews files.
-GUI: Taxes are now included as expenses in the revenues report.
-Gameplay: Automatic deadbeat stock sales moved from turn 1 of negative funds to turn 5.
-Bugfix: Fixed population issues in Medellin on the Base City Map.
-Gameplay: Reduced dealership population effects on low popularity vehicles.
-GUI: Game now allows returning to component selection from advanced designer when acccessing the designer via the vehicle modification window.

GearCity: 2nd Gear v2.3.0.0 Change Log:
-Bugfix: Fixed values in settings error default resolution override.
-Engine: Fixed possible double free issues that could cause crashing when changing rooms.
-Engine: Fixed possible GUI Memory issue that could lead to crashing.
-Bugfix: Fixed mismatched type issue that prevented a performance optimization
-Gameplay: Reduced dealership population effects on low popularity vehicles.
-Bugfix: Fixed Fuel Type Market Share Table Column in Body and Fuel Popularity Report
-Bugfix: Fixed vehicle rename not updating sales system's name caches.
-Bugfix: Fixed average sales prices not displaying properly in districting system
-Bugfix: Fixed gearbox filter issue that causes database lock (thus preventing game saves).
-Bugfix: Fixed typos in reviews files.
-GUI: Taxes are now included as expenses in the revenues report.
-Gameplay: Automatic deadbeat stock sales moved from turn 1 of negative funds to turn 5.
-Bugfix: Fixed population issues in Medellin on the Base City Map.
-Engine: Upgraded many libraries in the game engine to the latest builds.
-Engine: Upgraded minimum language from C++03 to C++17
-Engine: Dropped 32-bit OSX and Windows Vista and older support.
-GUI: Lost contract bid memos now display winning company, design name, and other design information when the game has this information
-Gameplay: Removed design rating value limits
-Gameplay: Reworked several ratings to try to keep them roughly inline with each other.
-GUI: Tweaked star system to show ratings compared to best design in that category.
-Gameplay: Tweaked buyer rating system for limitless ratings.
-Gameplay: Tweaked design skill system to not have ratings limits and adjusted growth values.
-GUI: Game now allows returning to component selection from advanced designer when acccessing the designer via the vehicle modification window.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski