Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[$600] #322 Auto-Sell Compensate For Shipping | Requires #183
Price: $600

Description: With Bounty #183, we'll be adding a way for the player to adjust the margins of the Auto-Sell system. This bounty adds to that system by allowing the auto-sell system to compensate for shipping costs when calculating the Auto-Sell price. The system will allow players to choose between the highest possible shipping costs, lowest possible shipping costs, and last turn's average shipping costs.

Requirements: #183

Required By: None

Concerns: Calculating shipping costs before the vehicles ship is a time-consuming thing to do. This bounty might introduce some degraded performance when processing auto-sales or turn times. Shipping locations and shipping costs also change frequently, so we'll need to constantly update the auto-sales numbers, whereas the current system and the margin systems only need to be done once.

Eric's Opinion: Shipping costs vary by many factors in the game. So, setting just a pure margin in the auto-sale system won't guarantee you make that margin because of shipping costs. With this system, the game should get you closer to the margin you set for the Auto-Sell system by compensating for the shipping costs.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski