Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is Open Beta 1.04??!!
http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread...843#pid843

You're so slow Eric, WORK FASTER!!! madmadmad
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
What exactly do you mean turns take too long? When I play and click next it takes less then a second. However I am only 1913. I may also be confused about what "AI turn" means
Remember, 1.03 is a bit on the weaker side. So it runs faster.

In the current build a turn in 1930 takes about 30 seconds on my box. Granted this is in debug mode, but it's still too slow for my tastes.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
AI turn means that every AI company has to make same desicions as you regarding car design sales prices and whatnow. All of that has to be calculated.... If that's what you've been asking
Oh i understand now, yeah 30 seconds seems like ages i bet. Is there a way to make it more simple, maybe have lest variables the AI changes, so the AI doesn't have to make that many decisions? Or is it as simplified as it can be for it to have the quality it has?
Well it's not just the AI as in the companies you play against.

The entire buying system is an AI as well, so the more vehicles on the market, the more choices the consumer AI has when a wants to buy a vehicle. Wink

I should be able to speed it up without compromising AI quality. It's just a matter of tweaking the language I use and figuring out ways to cut corners. I shed about 8 seconds today alone. Wink
Oh wow that is a lot the AI has to do, I see why it takes it so long. Congrats on the 8 secs too!