Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED] Hitting "Build" while designing a new trim makes the DevPace slider appear
This happens in 2nd Gear, version 2.1.0.2 when designing a vehicle. As soon as I hit "Build" to check the marque assignment on the trim, the pop-up tells me the trim will be done in 5 months, even though the "original" model takes 15 months to design. But the Development Pace slider appears, so I can close the Build pop-up and adjust the development pace. I think that also makes trims way cheaper than they should be.

EDIT: Hmm, it doesn't happen every time. Haven't figured out yet what triggers this behaviour, sorry.
I assume you're building a trim? Trims will take significantly less time than the parent model. If the design is not complete, the trim will only be finished when the parent model is complete.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I know, that's what I'm saying. Normally the "Development Pace" slider is hidden for trims and they finish when the parent model does if you start them in the same month. But something I did caused the Development Pace slider to appear, so I can actually finish trims faster than the parent model, or make it as slow as the original and even cheaper than trims usually are.
Are you sure you were making a trim at that point, and not a new generation or something?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Unless you can change something that changes you from trim to generation within the vehicle designer, I am sure, yes. I've seen the Development Pace slider pop up as soon as I hit "Build". Just don't know what the exact cause was.
It happened again! I think there is a connection between checking projections and trims enabling the Development Pace slider.

EDIT: I caught your game red-handed, with video evidence. This'll hold up in court: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dm2P6dl...drive_link

Might take a few minutes to process.
Does it happen every time with that vehicle? If so, send me the save game. Thanks.
Roger, captain: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H-hnn__...drive_link

As far as I can tell, if you follow these steps, it happens with every vehicle. I tried it on both models in progress as well as finished ones, and different types.
The issue is fixed, thanks again for the files and reporting it.

The changes will be in the next update.