Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity: 2nd Gear
We released the first update for GearCity: 2nd Gear to FBS contributors today! If you are an FBS subscriber, please check out the announcement post in the FBS contributor forums or Patreon the password and instructions. You should have received an email if you don't have a forum or Patreon account. If you don't see it, check your spam. And if it's still not there, please contact me.

If you want to join the FBS system, click here.

Here is the current change log:

• Engine: Moved Car Types, Sub-components to an ID System
  • Engine: Added hidden values dropdown and lists GUI Widgets
  • Engine: Reimplemented some parts of the GUI to use the hidden values
  • Feature: Random starting city values
  • Feature: Autoproduction Quality Slider
  • GUI: Redesigned Autoproduction management screen
  • Report: Total Production Numbers
  • GUI: Vehicle Type In Showroom List
  • Engine: Drop 1024x768 Support
  • Feature/Report: Sales Projection System
  • Feature: Auto Loan Financing
  • GUI: Increased Width of Banking window.
  • Engine/Maps: Nation Variables
  • Maps: Added approximately 119 countries* to nation variable system. (*Numbers for Base City Map, all maps implemented.)
  • Feature: Emissions Regulations
  • GUI: Added emissions information in many places its needed.
  • Report: Created two emissions reports for global and city emissions regulations.
  • Maps: 414 Emissions regulations added* (* Base City Map Only. Other maps will come soon.)
  • Maps: Added City Growth Variables for Infrastructure and Skill.
  • Feature: Can now Restrict Autoproduction Production to Custom Districts
  • Feature: Can now change vehicle name/
  • GUI: Add Revenues And Expenses to Showroom
  • Gameplay: Aircraft Engine Contract Adjustments
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Any possibility to add Bounty #183 Auto Margin? I think this is real Important for a Automatic selling System.
(04-23-2023, 09:43 AM)wasgehtdichdasan Wrote: Any possibility to add Bounty #183 Auto Margin? I think this is real Important for a Automatic selling System.

Sadly, it didn't make the cut in the last round of voting. It missed out by 5 votes. We are on track to fund a second milestone, so lobby your fellow contributors to vote for it then, and hopefully it'll make the cut.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Eric.B dateline='[url=tel:1682264315' Wrote: 1682264315[/url]']
wasgehtdichdasan dateline='[url=tel:1682261026' Wrote: 1682261026[/url]']
Any possibility to add Bounty #183 Auto Margin? I think this is real Important for a Automatic selling System.

Sadly, it didn't make the cut in the last round of voting. It missed out by 5 votes. We are on track to fund a second milestone, so lobby your fellow contributors to vote for it then, and hopefully it'll make the cut.

Yes, i know. But for me it should be in Game because ist’s so essential. Maybe you can find a Solution?
(05-01-2023, 10:52 AM)wasgehtdichdasan Wrote:
Eric.B dateline='[url=tel:1682264315' Wrote: 1682264315[/url]']
wasgehtdichdasan dateline='[url=tel:1682261026' Wrote: 1682261026[/url]']

Yes, i know. But for me it should be in Game because ist’s so essential. Maybe you can find a Solution?

From my end, I'm not doing any work on GearCity except bug fixes and what's voted on and approved in the FBS. Beyond that, I am finished with the game, and any time spent on it distracts me from working on AeroMogul, hence why the FBS has monetary requirements and a ridged rule set. The system keeps the scope narrow and partially compensates me for lost time/opportunity costs working on AM. That allows me to justify working on it, whereas otherwise, I would walk away from the game for everything except maintenance.

So I regret to say I won't add it (or anything else) to the game unless it's approved and funded via the FBS system.

So, the solution is to vote for it and rally others to vote for it as well. Milestone #2 is solely art-focused, but Milestone #3 should have a $500 programming budget and Milestone #4 a $1000 budget.

(An observation from the previous voting, if voters focus more narrowly on what they want, they're more likely to fund that bounty than if they spread their votes around many items. Case in point, the $1000 bounty for Auto Loan Financing was funded by a single contributor putting all 90 of his votes into it. )