Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[$5000] #275 | DragonflyBSD Port | Requires: #272
Price: $5000

Description: This bounty would fund a native port of GearCity to DragonflyBSD. Most libraries used in the game should work fine on DragonflyBSD. The only exception is Chromium Embedded Framework. Work on Bounty #272 may help porting CEF to DragonflyBSD. DragonflyBSD also shares similarities with FreeBSD, so unlike the NetBSD and OpenBSD ports, we have a slightly better chance of a successful DragonflyBSD port than those two.

Because CEF is not ported to DragonflyBSD, this bounty has a high risk of failure.

As mentioned in our rules, we will return bounties values to the milestone funds if we fail. But we will not reimburse voting points to your account.

Requirements: #272

Required By: None

Concerns: Because of the issues around CEF, this bounty has a very high risk of failure. Please note the rules before voting on it.

Eric's Opinion: DragonflyBSD is a great OS for servers. And personally, I look forward to the Hammer2 file system reaching feature equivalence with ZFS. But I am not sure there is a user base to support this port.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski