Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[$2000] #272 | FreeBSD Port
Price: $2000

Description: This bounty would fund a native port of GearCity to FreeBSD. Most libraries used in the game should work fine on FreeBSD. The only exception is Chromium Embedded Framework. Occasionally ports of CEF pop up, so there is a chance we can port it too. We'll either port a new copy or reuse/build one of the older versions.

Because CEF is not ported to FreeBSD, this bounty has a high risk of failure. As mentioned in our rules, we will return bounties values to the milestone funds if we fail. But we will not reimburse voting points to your account.

Requirements: None

Required By: #273, #274, #275

Concerns: Because of the issues around CEF, this bounty has a high risk of failure. Please note the rules before voting on it.

This bounty could be very time consuming. In which case, I am not charging enough for it. But I have discounted it because I think a native GearCity on FreeBSD would be awesome.

Eric's Opinion: It might be surprising to most, but I haven't used Windows outside of making GearCity in 17 years. I wouldn't use a Windows machine to do anything other than writing software or gaming. I wouldn't touch a Mac for any purpose except to write commercial software for them. Even then, Apple makes it such a pain that I have considered dropping Mac support many times over the last decade. So you would assume I am a big Linux guy, but I'm not. FreeBSD is my operating system of choice. So I am discounting this bounty, so I may continue to decrease my use of Linux where possible.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!

Some links for me,
https://github.com/prash-wghats/Brackets...master/CEF

https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/c...sd-support

CEF was in ports sometime in the past. Dig through version 7-10 and see if you can find it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski