Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[$600] #268 | Suspension Tweaks | Requires #76
Price: $600

Description: This bounty changes a few things about the suspension systems in the game.

Some components of the suspension system, such as air suspension, will move from the suspension selection screen to the Optional Equipment system.

We will also give different sets of ratings for suspension designs depending on if you use them in front and rear.

Finally, we'll implement a suspension size rating and sliders. Some suspension systems are large. Larger suspension means less engine space or rear cargo area. Designing them to be more compact would increase design costs and complexity.

Requirements: #76

Required By: None

Concerns: Having two sets of suspension ratings for front and back might confuse some users. It will also require some larger adjustments to the code.

Balancing suspension is always difficult because there are many factors beyond the suspension type that the game does not factor. As the community funds these systems, it might be wise of me to add more bounties to get suspension systems up to pseudo engineering levels.

Eric's Opinion: There has always been something off with the suspension system in the game. It was one of the first parts of the game designed. It was also one of the first shortcuts. (Reusing ratings for front and rear designs.) With the Equipment Options bounty, I will have the tools to fix some things people have pointed out over the years. While fixing that, it would be a good time to do all the other suspension work needed.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski