Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[$1000] #242 | License/Outsource Restrictions
Price: $1000

Description: One of the major loopholes in the game is the licensing and outsourcing systems.

While the system is working as designed, players often rely on the licensing and outsourcing systems as a crutch in the early game.

This bounty would add several restrictions to the system. The restrictions would determine the costs.

For licensing, we'll add:
-Quota for the maximum amount built per year.
-Nation, Sub-Regional, or Regional Restriction where you're allowed to sell the design.
-Time limit

For outsourced designs:
-Nation, Sub-Regional, or Regional Restriction where you're allowed to sell the design.

In short, the price for license and outsourcing units will go up across the board. The increase will be small if you're selling units in a nation the supplier has no operations. It will be much larger if you seek global rights to sell a design.

Requirements: None

Required By: #241

Concerns: This bounty is much more work than I am charging.

Letting the user know what restrictions they have on a design will be cumbersome and likely result in a more messy UI.

Eric's Opinion: This is the proper way to fix the licensing/outsourcing pseudo exploit. It also makes the system more realistic. I have discounted the bounty in the hopes that it gets funded.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski