Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[$15000 TBD] #237 | Video Cutscenes
Price: $TBD

Description: This bounty would add several cut scenes to the game. For example, win a racing series? Have a cut scene with a trophy. Have a factory blow up? Cut scene. Etc.

The game will launch the cut scenes automatically or via a memo system. Most cut scenes already have memos associated with them.

I'm estimating around $1000-$2000 per video. With about 10-20 videos planned. We'll look into this in more detail when our milestone numbers reach this high.

Requirements: None

Required By: None

Concerns: Costs can overrun because animation is never cheap. Which memos would make good cutscenes? How much reusability will these have? Players will probably only watch them once or twice and then never again.

Eric's Opinion: This adds a little more graphical and artistic flair to the game. Critics pan cut scenes in many genres, but I think it would work well here. The problem is always cost to value-added though.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski