Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racing preview
Article Here: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=407

Tell us what you think!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Whoa, when I saw "Grand Prix Manager", I have stucked with the chills...

I hope for another game (I know include include that in this game sounds too complex Wink ), we lack such a great simulator for too long Smile

However, the actual system seems ok, also interesting.
In fact, appear way more difficult that I would imagined biggrin

I don't think it can be good to "directly" hire the team's staff... I would prefer to have the "whole" control or only to give money, engine, parts...

Only, it can be GREAT, if you can insert many different types of competitions: F1 (grand prix), rally (different styles), nascar/ring style, 24 Le Mans Series style, and others (the most, the better red face ).

I know it can be difficult, but it can add much to the game.
Honestly this idea is pretty cool as it is how other companies via RL do it, they just sometimes loan engines / parts you hardly EVER see a loaned vehicle with the same engine, they just use the name and funding that the company provided, so its kinda cool I also think it might be to much trouble but the # of wins in a race event you get, it affects your stock value as if you can win race and earn capital your company should be worth more to invest in.. just a idea
(04-14-2013, 05:52 PM)Corwin86 Wrote: Whoa, when I saw "Grand Prix Manager", I have stucked with the chills...

I hope for another game (I know include include that in this game sounds too complex Wink ), we lack such a great simulator for too long Smile

However, the actual system seems ok, also interesting.
In fact, appear way more difficult that I would imagined biggrin

I don't think it can be good to "directly" hire the team's staff... I would prefer to have the "whole" control or only to give money, engine, parts...

Only, it can be GREAT, if you can insert many different types of competitions: F1 (grand prix), rally (different styles), nascar/ring style, 24 Le Mans Series style, and others (the most, the better red face ).

I know it can be difficult, but it can add much to the game.

I think it'd be awesome to have another Gran Prix Manager as well, the problem is, it's not really "realistic" for a manufacturer to run a racing team at that level AND if I made something like that it would have to include many forms of racing. In the end it'd end up another year or 2 project... Too much.

This system isn't that complex. But yes, we do have MANY forms of racing. Right now there is 32 series, I haven't gone through and made them realistic yet. But yes, there is Algorithm1 (Forumla), 2, 3, rally, stock cars, etc...

(04-14-2013, 06:37 PM)Endders Wrote: Honestly this idea is pretty cool as it is how other companies via RL do it, they just sometimes loan engines / parts you hardly EVER see a loaned vehicle with the same engine, they just use the name and funding that the company provided, so its kinda cool I also think it might be to much trouble but the # of wins in a race event you get, it affects your stock value as if you can win race and earn capital your company should be worth more to invest in.. just a idea

Exactly why I ran with this system. I can still expand and tweak it with testing of course as well.
Stock values maybe not. Anyone investing money invest based off cash flow, not image. However we could factor in Image Values into the Takeover Expense. Meaning it'd cost you more to buy Ferrari than it would Lambo.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Good to hear that you already thinked about many different type of race Wink

I also don't think that is worth to create a deep simulator, but keep the idea for GP... 3! for the future Smile