Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[$1200] #215 | Age Regulations | Requires: #61
Price: $1200

Description: Some nations require drivers to be of a specific age before operating certain vehicle types. Motorcycles, ATVs, et cetera are the most noticeable vehicle types affected by these regulations. In some countries, young people can operate some vehicle types without licenses.

This bounty would add national age restrictions and insurance-related costs for younger consumers. These features will reduce the buyer pools for specific vehicles and increase the buyer pools for others.

For example, sports cars will have higher insurance rates, which means fewer people under 25 can afford these cars even if they have the cash to purchase them. Some nations, like the UK, allow you to drive a 50cc scooter at 16, but you can't use an unrestricted motorcycle until 21 at the earliest or 24 regardless.

Requirements: #61

Required By: None

Concerns: This bounty adds a lot of detailed information that barely affects new car sales. Outside of motorcycles, most youths can't afford new vehicles with age restrictions. Relaying the age restrictions to the player is cumbersome.

Eric's Opinion: As mentioned in the concerns, this bounty adds a lot of data that won't affect most vehicle sales much. Motorcycles and their ilk and things like VSP in France would be the only benefits. Insurance costs does have some merit. It would make some cheap performance cars more expensive to own, thus driving down sales.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski