Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[$400] #217 | Bankruptcy / Insider Trading
Price: $400

Description: Currently, when a company you own shares of is about to go bankrupt, we lock you out from being able to sell shares.

This bounty would allow you to sell shares when you receive the memo. It will also generate the bankruptcy action memo sooner. We will calculate the various bailout and loan systems between the time we create the memo and the actual bankruptcy. As of now, we do all those calculations when bankruptcy is about to happen.

If the player decides to sell the shares after receiving the memo, there is a chance of an insider trading lawsuit. The fines of which are substantial.

Requirements: None

Required By: None

Concerns: Having the game determines when a company is going bankrupt a few months in advance is tricky. There are bound to be false positives. And also a chance we'll pester the player too much with these action memos.

Eric's Opinion: This bounty would add a little more realism to the bankrupting system. If the game can determine when a company is going bankrupt well in advance, that will allow us more options for the AI to shop around to find a lifeline. It also gives us more opportunities to hit the player for bad behavior.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski