Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[$1000] #199 | Autoproduction Fill Full Contracts
Price: $1000

Description: When you are using autoproduction and you get a contract, the AP system will fill the minimum number of units required for the contract even if you have "Fill All Contract Requirements" enabled.

This bounty gives the AP a second pass to fill any unfilled production lines with contracted units if both the "Fill All Contract Requirements" and Autoproduction are enabled.

Requirements: None

Required By: None

Concerns: Doing multiple passes of autoproduction will slow down turn times.

Eric's Opinion: This bounty is sometimes requested by users who want to fill contracts asap while using the AP system. It should be doable but will require me to duplicate a lot of code.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Wouldn't it be easier and better for turn times if AP respected manually allocated lines for contracts?
So if I assign 3 out of 8 lines in factory X, then AP only sees factory X as having 5 lines and continues as normal.
Easier and faster, maybe. But when you get a spike in consumer sales that uses 6 lines, you'll miss an entire production line of sales. Then, I get I get a lot of negative feedback over it.

The goal of the AP system is twofold: 1) Minimal user interaction. 2) Never miss sales. Manually setting the number of contract lines limit that can't be used by consumer vehicles would break both of those.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski