Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[$150] #191 | More City Growth Variables
(05-20-2023, 10:31 PM)JC_Denton Wrote: Question: What are the variable names for the new city growth variables?

Currently, I have not implemented these in the mod tools. In the XML, it's:
<INFGrowth infitG="x"/>
<SKILLGrowth skiG="x"/>

Quote:I'm just getting back to Gear City for the first time since 2nd Gear wrapped up, but so far I haven't found them. I also noticed that my map is showing up in the map list for 2.0.0.8, but not for 2nd Gear, which I'm guessing is because it's missing the new growth variables. (Although if there's something else I need to do to 2nd-Gear-ize my XML files, that would also be good to know. I could see the switch to numeric IDs also being relevant)

You've likely exported your map using the mod tools. The mod tools currently only support GearCity Classic. So you have to update by hand to make a 2nd Gear Map. I will update the mod tools and possibly make an automatic converter when we finish 2nd Gear and work on 3rd Gear begins. (It's pointless to have folks update mods/maps now when it'll break again with every milestone.)

If you want to see the changes you need to make, look at the map files in Base City Map. Diff the "FBS1_foo" files from the plane "foo" files. 2nd Gear Looks for FBS1_ prefix on the file names. There would be a lot of work with the new nations.xml file and changing every country name from strings to integers in the various XML files.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: [$150] #191 | More City Growth Variables - by Eric.B - 05-21-2023, 01:09 AM