Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[$400] #163 | More Fuel Types
Price: $400

Description: Currently, the game is missing several different fuel types. This bounty adds several different ethanol blends, Methanol, proper hydrogen fuel cells, renames hydrogen ICE. I'll also look into some more obscure fuel types, such as Butanol, Propanol, Dimethyl ether, Hydrogen Peroxide, etc.

Requirements: None

Required By: None

Concerns: There might not be much variance between fuel types. The more fuel types we add, the more artwork I need, which increases my costs.

Eric's Opinion: The two major issues with the game are that we're missing 100% Ethanol which were popular at the start of the 19th century. The other is that we use internal combustion hydrogen rather than fuel cell hydrogen.

Many racing series around the world use Methanol. So we should add it too.

The rest are possibilities. I will need to do more research to see what research has gone into them. For example, I know a couple of big truck companies have experimented with Butanol. But is there enough market for it to add it to the game?

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!

Decent list of fuel types and octane levels.

US Gov also has some alt-fuel pages with a bit of information.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski