Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[$3,000] #145 | Revised Marketing | Requires: #6, #79
Price: $3,000

Description: Currently, the marketing system in the game is powerful, but only if you face a lot of competition. Driving sales over the competition is only half of what marketing is for. In addition, the current marketing system has a lot of options, which at the end of the day, isn't really worth the micromanagement.

This bounty would expand marketing's power when calculating sales. We will give Marketing a direct effect on the buyer pool. Currently, marketing only adds to the buyer pool.

We will also strengthen Marketing's effect on the various image ratings.

Another major change this bounty will bring is a micromanagement reduction to marketing budgets that adds more depth.

Currently, you can fund nine marketing categories for each market. That comes out to 1800 different marketing budgets in the game.

This bounty would remove the marketing types from the game. Instead, you'll assign a regional (or Sub-regional if that bounty is funded) marketing budget for each marque. You'll also designate a primary image rating aligned marketing focus. And finally, you will assign a primary marketing vehicle.

The marketing focus will boost buyer ratings for similar vehicle ratings. For example, Sports marketing focus would increase performance and power buyer ratings and your racing and performance images. Selecting a primary marketing vehicle will boost that vehicle's image rating faster than other vehicles in that marque, and it will drive more customer interest in that vehicle.

Finally, we'll rename marketing efficiency to Marketing Saturation, and we'll bring some more balance to marketing employee headcounts.

Requirements: #6, #79

Required By: None

Concerns: Some users will not like us doing away with the 9-categories. They also might not like us doing away with individual city marketing.

Marketing becomes a lot more powerful with having it limit the buyer pool. That will certainly cause balance issues that we'll need to work out.

Eric's Opinion: Marketing has always been too weak because it only affects the buyer rating. Over the years, we tried to strengthen it by applying a bonus to the buyer pool. That never truly solved the problem.

This bounty takes care of that issue by making marketing a necessity. It also reduces marketing's micromanagement and gives you a simpler way to focus your marketing efforts.

With both benefits in mind, I think this bounty will move the game in the right direction.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski