Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Winning 1900 Racing Series Challenge
So over at the Steam forums. There was a discussion about starting a game as Race oriented Company. And the difficulty of winning the first year Racing series.

So I decided to give it a go. The description is copy paste from Steam forums but the save game is attached.

Modified Easy startup 1900. Engine, Chassis and Gearbox tech at 30 (probably wasn't necessary). And a decent wad of cash to burn.

1 turn:
Went ahead and licensed a chassis with the longest engine bay i could find at 38 inches.
Designed an engine to fit. A 4L straight 6 L-Head design. After fiddling about with the sliders I managed to get 28 hp and 91 lbf⋅ft and a 2 month design time.
Licensed an engine to be able to start my car design 1 turn.
Licensed a 4 speed gearbox which could handle 99 lbf⋅ft.
Designed a sports car with 3 month design time. All sliders were more or less at rock bottom except design time which was at max.
Licensed a Roadster to start sell right away (didn't really need to do so)

Skipped ahead to turn 3:
Engine was ready so I made a new GT trim of my sports car with that engine. 1 month design time so it finished at the same time as my base model.

Turn 4:
Cars were ready. GT trim put out for sale. And entered all Racing Series it was possible do so with it (I should have skipped Circuit du Sud-Ouest as it really was one month to late to enter a car).
All were funded with max focus sliders, and max budget.

Result:
Won the 1900 Summer Races. Won the Jordon Bunnatt Dish, Finished second in the VENT Championship Series (4 races won equal to tthe winner but with less points). And for obvious reasons picked up 0 points in the Circuit du Sud-Ouest.

Attached Files
.zip   Sportscar.zip (Size: 852.18 KB / Downloads: 288)
It's interesting to see how well you fared, some of these competitors have better vehicles than yours, but I think the funding got your car over the hill.

Interesting to see that you bareboned all the sliders. I do have some FBS entries planned to expand the racing system to be pickier about vehicle specifics depending on what type of racing series it is. For example, 1900 Summer Races are an endurance series, so fuel economy and dependability should be major factors.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(04-04-2022, 09:48 AM)Eric.B Wrote: It's interesting to see how well you fared, some of these competitors have better vehicles than yours, but I think the funding got your car over the hill.

Interesting to see that you bareboned all the sliders. I do have some FBS entries planned to expand the racing system to be pickier about vehicle specifics depending on what type of racing series it is. For example, 1900 Summer Races are an endurance series, so fuel economy and dependability should be major factors.

Funding is definitely part of the success. I have found that because of the headstart AI have in skills and XP, in the early years I need to have higher funding than they have. If I just match their funding even though i enter superior vehicles I will often loose.

The bareboning of the sliders was necessary to be able to get it out the door fast enough. But even though they were bareboned the car had decent reliability and fuel mileage compared to the competition. The body was optimized for low drag. Both the licensed chassis and gearbox were decent.

Tried another time on a standard Normal start without any tweaks or extra cash to see if I could do it without going broke. It went fairly well but it wasn't an optimal start, the heavy cash burn and resulting slow expansion put me behind a normal curve. Will post that save later.
Started a a new stock CFO/Normal save and followed the same gameplan as before:

Mr. Green Tentacle and his Philadelphia based Alien Automobile Company went on a mission to become the dominant racing team as fast as possible.

Jan 00
Asgard parts were licensed, and design started on the Asgard Sports car. Design on the Asgard I6 L-head engine was also started.

With coming seasons in mind the S-series of parts also went into design together with the WS I6 10L (GearCity Cup engine), planned to be ready in 12 months.

To pay for all this fun a Phaeton called Phawela got licensed and put straight into sales.

Mar 00
The Asgard I6 was ready so the Asgard GT trim was designed.

Apr 00
Asgard and Asgard GT was ready. GT model went into sales and was entered in the 1900 Summer Races and the Jordon Bunnatt Dish. Due to cash restraints and low to zero probability to win the other series was skipped.

Aug 00
Summer is over and both racing series was won. An IPO is on the horizon to release cash to drive further expansion in the hunt for profitability and racing dominance.

Attached Files
.zip   GT2.zip (Size: 850.44 KB / Downloads: 276)
Green Tentacle played on to the end of 1907 expanding his company as time went on and won all championships he remembered to enter.

Decided it was time to expand further. He had kept a close eye on his competitors and noticed that Gordan Brull wasn't doing to well, So he decided time was right to attempt a takeover. and gain another marque he could sell non performance cars under. *Savegame is pre takeover

Takeover was successful and he plowed on to 1913, winning everything as he went.

Then there wasn't really anything more to prove and the save morphed more and more into a standard playthrough so I decided to stop there to start other new challenges.

Attached Files
.zip   GT3.zip (Size: 7.73 MB / Downloads: 276)