Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[$2500] #114 | Sharing Vehicle Popularity | Requires: #94, #111
Price: $2500

Description: With the removal of sized-based vehicle type selection and making the game choose what size a vehicle is from its dimensions, this bounty combines the popularity of these size variants with their base model.

What do we mean by that?

Instead of having a Compact Sedan, Sedan, and Full Sized Sedan popularity, the game will have single Sedan popularity shared for all Sedan types. This represents cross-shopping in the class. The sub-sizes will have their own popularity modifiers that add additional buyers to that sub-class. All sub-classes affect the popularity of Sedans as a whole.

For example, if Sedan's popularity is 2%, then 2% of the buyer pool is interested in buying sedans. If Full-sized sedans have a +1% from that, their popularity will be 3%. If Compact-Sedans have a +2.5%, it will be 4.5%, and if Normal sedans are +1.5%, it will have a 3.5% popularity rating.

2% of these buyers are shared between all of these Sedan types, meaning compact sedans will take sales from full-sized sedans, etc. The rest of the percentage is exclusive to the vehicle sub-type.

All three types of Sedan would affect Sedan's' base popularity rating.

This bounty will also require some rewriting of the vehicle popularity report. Likely, we'll place the sub-types indented under the base type.

Requirements: #94, #111

Required By: #112, #113, #214

Concerns: This bounty would greatly increase the complexity of vehicle type popularity. It also allows us to get rid of the secondary buyer pool system with a much better option. It improves cross-shopping between vehicle types in the game, making it more realistic.

This might be overly complicated, and some players might be confused by how popularities work.

This bounty might be a lot of work, but requiring sales caching would reduce that work. At the same time, it could break performance gains from caching.

Eric's Opinion: This bounty fixes internal logical issues with the buyer pool system. This bounty is the only decent way I can think of to handle type popularity if the community wants to fund features #111, #112, and #113.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski