Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[$600] #102 | Public Share Holders | Requires: #103
Price: $600

Description: In older versions of GearCity, we had the general public listed as shareholders of a company. They were always willing to sell shares. Sadly, players heavily exploited this feature. So I dropped it rather than dealing with endless exploits.

This bounty brings back the public share ownership that is always willing to sell. We'll implement an additional multiplier in the database so that stocks return to realistic valuations after the player sucks up or sells off all their holdings.

Requirements: #103

Required By: None

Concerns: This bounty alone is might create more stock manipulation and exploits. I hope that additional bounties that add stock regulations and restricted shares prevent exploitation of the system.

Eric's Opinion: Sadly, I had to tone down some realism from our stock system because of the buying and selling exploits. This bounty brings back that exploitative system, but I hope to add some additional features to the game to prevent players from gaming the system.

Links: It doesn't happen unless you contribute!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski