Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[$500] #93 | Buyer Rating Caching | Requires: #57
Price: $500

Description: The game devotes a lot of processing buyer ratings for each vehicle, in each city, each turn. And then the game compares those calculations against other vehicles of the same type, in the same city, every turn.

With this bounty, we'll start caching the buyer rating information. We will store the results of the buyer rating with the vehicle distribution tables. Every time the city information updates, a new model goes for sale, or there is a price change, we'll recalculate the buyer ratings.

The goal of this bounty is to decrease turn time processing by 10-20%.

Requirements: #57

Required By: #14, #94, #122, #131

Concerns: We might not get 10-20% gains with this bounty. We'll also be losing a little bit of nuance in the buyer rating calculations.

Players who constantly tweak things might render this feature worse for turn-times by constantly marking everything dirty internally.

Eric's Opinion: This bounty is one of our best shots at speeding up turn times. Processing buyer ratings takes up roughly 20% of our end turn times. If we can halve that, turn times will process almost 10% faster. I have discounted this item in the hopes it gets funded.

Links:
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski