Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[$1500] #78 | Visualize Detailed Test Track | Requires: #77
Price: $1500

Description: This bounty creates visuals for the Detailed Test Track Info bounty (#77). These visuals will be a pre-animated top-down view of a car on the track. Similar to what is found in the game Detroit.

We will use pre-animated gif files and the HTML web browser to create a page with the visual representation of the vehicle's best lap around the track.

As your vehicle finishes the track sectors, the information will display on the page.

Requirements: #77

Required By: None

Concerns: Many players will be disappointed that the vehicle on the map will not be the same as the vehicle they designed. We could use a circle instead, but I think a car icon would be better.

People who haven't played Detroit will probably be disappointed by it in general.

Eric's Opinion: I have tried to avoid adding this to the game over the years because I believe it's a bit of work with minimal "fluff" value. But it frequently gets requested by fans of Detroit, and it's doable in the game. So I am not against adding it. I think players will be disappointed in this bounty alone, and we'll need to fund #78 to get an on-par feature to Detroit.

Links:
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski