Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[$50] #28 | Hidden Regional Column In Reports
Price: $50

Description: This bounty puts a hidden regional, sub-regional (if applicable), and custom district column into reports that have city names. That will allow users to filter the report lists using the search function. For example, if you only wanted the cities in Asia displayed, you would type "Asia" into the search box.

There is a risk that functionality might not work with DataTables.

Requirements: None

Required By: None

Concerns: As mentioned in the description, the search function in DataTables might not work with hidden columns. If our current version of DataTables does not have this functionality, but newer ones do, we can upgrade the system.

Finally, some players might not know they can type "Asia" into the search, and the table will only show results for Asia. Making this ticket moot for the majority of players who don't read the change logs or the manual.

Eric's Opinion: This has been asked about before, but personally, I don't see the need. You can access much of the regional data via the Sales -> District Sales report. You can also click the links in that report to open a more detailed breakdown of those reports. There is still some small use case for this bounty, so that's why it is here.

Links:
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski