Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
v1.25 Progress Thread
It's been over a month since I updated this thread. Sorry.

I had to spend about a week and a half out of the office. And a few more additional days I was unable to work. Thus I was unable to finish what I originally wanted to release as v1.25 RC1 on time. It's been a while since the last Testing Build update, and some of the natives are getting restless. So instead of delaying another month or so, I have decided to split v1.25 RC1 into two. This means there is going to be a save game change for v1.25 RC2, where as originally I had planned on v1.25 RC1 being the last save game update. (Baring some massive bug.) Oh well.

Mostly all that remains for v1.25 RC2, besides bug fixes are magazine reviews, additional tutorials, and the completion of Steam achievements. Following that release, we can make our push for english editing and game translations.

So what has happened since the last update?
-Bug Fix: Fixed Gearbox pricing in later game years.
-Bug Fix: Fixed exploit which allowed loan premiums to be written of taxes.
-Bug Fix: Fixed issue with saving loaded vehicle in the stand alone car designer.
-Bug Fix: Fixed additional issues with the racing revenues report.
-Bug Fix: Fixed some licensing royalties and signing fee payment issues.
-Gameplay: Increased factory workers per line in late game years.
-Gameplay: Reduced the number of top end buyers.
-Gameplay: Narrowed high end demographics economics band.
-Gameplay: Increased low end demographics economics band.
-Web: Added some more stuff to the wiki manual.
-Bug Fix: Fixed racing series yearly profit overview issues.
-Bug Fix: Fixed racing series contract submission month being displayed as zero when it should be 1.
-Bug Fix: Fixed Vehicle Image buyer rating bug. Buyer Rating Table reported it as *30, game used *150. I have reduced it to *50.
-Bug Fix: Fixed Buyer Rating Table using old difficulty adjustment values.
-Gameplay: Added some difficulty adjustments to AI vehicle design, which results in about 5-10% better vehicle designs than what the player can produce with the exact same setup. Removed a buyer rating difficulty adjustment.
-Bug Fix: Fixed an issue with vehicle image growth which caused to quickly grow.
-Gameplay: Tweaked Vehicle Image growth rates to make it a little more difficult to grow it as it goes up.
-Tutorial: Implemented interactive tutorial for Mega Menu.
-Tutorial: Implemented interactive tutorial for Factories.
-Tutorial: Implemented interactive tutorial for Branches.
-Tutorial: Implemented interactive tutorial for Marketing.
-Tutorial: Implemented interactive tutorial for Districting.
-Translations: 30% reduction in translatable words and 30% reduction in translation entries. (Before new tutorials were added. Word count is slowly growing with the new tutorials.)

Also took care of a few other issues that I failed to document. Also building up a list of tiny issues to address as well over the next few months.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
1.25 Release Candidate 2 is coming along nicely. I just finished all of the achievements planned for the game. Next I will switch to fixing up a few of the bugs that have been reported. Then I will switch over to working on more tutorials. Depending on how long it takes to write up these tutorials, I may release RC2 early and do an RC3 with the remaining tutorials. But we will see.

-Bugfix: Switched Alt modifier with Shift on Linux due to sticking issues on some versions of X.
-Bugfix: Fixed several issues with the new tutorials which did not allow additional tutorials to trigger.
-Bugfix: Fixed the ability to break the main tutorial by enabling the main tutorial in RnD.
-Bugfix: Fixed regression that caused Autoproduction to produce vehicles that are set to scrap prices.
-Bugfix: Fixed negative outstanding shares bug.
-Bugfix: Initial save now occurs after establish AI instead of before.
-Bugfix: Fixed displacement bug when in loading saved engine sliders while designing an electric engine.
-Gameplay: Added a 10% buyer rating penalty for players on Hard/Nightmare mode.
-Gameplay: Boosted marketing buyer rating effect.
-GUI: Added mod name to the upper left hand corner of main menu.
-Bugfix: Fixed several issues with the Mega Menu Outsourced Contract system, including -1 inventory for new contracts. Also fixed shipping/inventory values.
-GUI: Added new help buttons to Mega Menu Outsourced Contracts system.
-GUI: Fixed page flipping system when filtering in the showroom.
-GUI: District Locking Window now updates after applying changes.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug in which locking a district did not reset shipping distance. Which could have led to locations inside the district not being within shipping range.
-GUI: Fixed some text overflow issues.
-GUI: Added a nag message if you try to run the game without write access or admin privileges. Hopefully that will cut back on some of our returns and complaints.
-Gameplay: Added 40 new achievements. Achievements are now completed.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I am continuing to knock out tutorials. Seems like there are only 4 left on the list. Hopefully, v1.25 should be out by the end of the month!
Typing up the v1.25 release notes. Here is what was was added into v1.25

-Tutorial: Dividend Tutorial
-Tutorial: Marque Tutorial
-Tutorial: Component Modification
-Tutorial: Vehicle Modification
-Tutorial: Advanced Component Designer Tutorial
-Tutorial: Advanced Car Designer Tutorial
-Tutorial: Outsourcing Tutorial
-Tutorial: Contract Bidding Tutorial
-Tutorial: Contract Won Tutorial
-Tutorial: Autoproduction Tutorial
-Tutorial: Benefits Tutorial
-Bugfix: Fixed 0hp Single Cylinder Engines from Assisted Designer.
-GUI: Added Help Buttons to Autoproduction
-GUI: Added Help Buttons to Benefits System
-GUI: Added Help Buttons to Office File Cabinet
-Gameplay: Added maximum unit orders for racing.
-Bugfix: Fixed missing help buttons throughout the game.
-GUI: Added Help Button for dealership subsidation.
-Bugfix: Fixed minor issue that could display factory production panel in Mega Menu when there is no factory, while the city was at war.
-GUI: Hid horizontal scroll bar on several lists.
-Bugfix: Fixed Help Button text not scrolling back to the top when selecting a different help button.
-Wiki: Documented all achievements requirements.
-Art: Added new logos to the game.
-GUI: Changed new game logo selection GUI.
-Bugfix: Fixed issues with dividend reports not matching payout.
-Bugfix: Fixed Factory Capacity percentages in the Factory Report.
-Bugfix: Fixed Stock tutorial launching when it shouldn't.
-Bugfix: Fixed IPO tutorial constantly pestering the user.
-Bugfix: Refixed Racing contract deadline date issues.
-Bugfix: Fixed sorting issues in the Stock Holdings report.

Here was v1.25 RC2 Hotfixes, that I didn't post in here:

v1.25 RC2 HF1:
-Bugfix: Fixed regression in Assisted Vehicle Designer which does not allow you to select engines or gearboxes.
-Bugfix: Fixed incorrect data in the Assisted Engine Designer's "Does Chassis Fit" system.
-Bugfix: Fixed Disable Technology Introduction years not affecting Gearbox Addons.
-Bugfix: Fixed share holdings table sort in the Stock Holdings report.

v1.25 RC2 HF2:

-Bugfix: Fixed issue causing auto-production to make all military contracts in hq country when hq country is at war. The game should now try to produce in peaceful countries as well.
-Bugfix: Fixed issue causing prototype vehicles to have incorrect data when using advanced component designer.
-Bugfix: Fixed possible issues when selecting components from lists while in RnD.
-Bugfix: Fixed crash when player returns to the main menu while tutorial audio is playing.
-Bugfix: Fixed missing text for Mega Menu tutorial.
-Bugfix: Fixed crash when disabling tutorials in the headquarters selection screen.
-Bugfix: Fixed tutorial highlights blinking on top of banking tutorial.
-Bugfix: Fixed issue causing tutorial audio to still play after leaving a location.
-Bugfix: Fixed issue causing main tutorial to break when players strays off course into the financial room.