Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.24 Progress Thread
v1.24 RC2 will be released when I wake up in a couple of hours.

Unfortunately, due to the time it took to record and cut audio for the workshop tutorial videos, I was unable to start on the minimization mod or the remaining tutorial videos. My hope was to do it in this 4 day period between RC2 and v1.24, but we've fallen behind on the base premade vehicles, so I will have to spend those 4 days making a couple eras of cars.

Anyhoo, instead of working on the tutorials, I knocked out several tickets, but was unable to complete them all. Here is a list of what was in the tracker:

-GUI: AI vehicle length, width, and height now displayed in Showroom Marque Catalog and Marque Compare.
-GUI: Fixed several rounding and missing unit conversions in the Marque Catalog and Marque Compare systems.
-Gameplay: Reduced first time factory upgrade costs. Increased costs of additional upgrades.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug that could cause discontinued vehicle to not be displayed in the Mega Menu Branch even if it was still for sale.
-Gameplay: Removed the ability to use an in-development engine or vehicle for racing.
-Gameplay: Additional reduction to racing revenues.
-Gameplay: If you have a factory in a war zone, a high priority memo will be displayed when the war is over.
-GUI: Adjusted vehicle popularity "words" in the report.
-Gameplay: Adjustments to vehicle rating decline rates.
-Bugfix: Possible bug fix for a crash caused if the player discontinues a vehicle that is being outsourced to AI companies.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug in the vehicles sold for the year memo.
-Bugfix: Fixed bug in the Paid Back Loan achievement.
-Achievements: 6 more achievements.
-GUI Added help buttons to Main Menu New Game. (Still need to do the Settings help buttons.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
v1.24 is all set! I will release it when I wake up tomorrow.

Here is the last few things taken care of:
-Artwork 1980s and 2010 premades added. (These will temporarily be used for 1990 and 2000.)
-Bugfix Fixed crash when terminating contracts.
-Bugfix Fixed Pango issues with Font Config on Modern Linux.
-GUI Standardized font in most HTML pages. Some more tweaking is needed.
-Bugfix Fixed regression in Base City Map that caused crash in French Morocco if the player started a game between 1930 and 1950 and clicked the Casablanca before Moroccan Independence.
-Gameplay Added additional conditionals for Strike Adverted achievement.
-Bugfix Fixed possible issue with City Skills Growth when growth values zero out.
-Bugfix Fixed SQL issues with Marketing achievement.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
v1.24 SP1 should be coming out Friday assuming everything goes well with play testing.

-Steam Stuff: Implemented 12 new achievements.
-Steam Stuff: Fixed additional issues causing some achievements not to be triggered.
-Bugfix Fixed issue with unfunded research teams effecting average engineer salaries in HR.
-GUI: Changed AI starting amount selection ordering from Alphanumeric to map/mod maker order.
-GUI: Mouse wheel should scroll game GUI at one half a button click. Webbrowser scroll has been reduce by half.
-Bugfix Fix newspaper display bug that could show insanely high values for winning contracts.
-Gameplay: Adjustments done to vehicle top speed to return more effect to Gearboxes.
-Bugfix: Fixed Main Tutorial window continuously popping up even if you disabled tutorials.
-Bugfix: Fixed chassis prototyping bug that could cause the estimated finish date to be 32 months when it is actually much less.
-GUI: Added remaining help buttons to Main Menu.
-Artwork: Grey paints are more black.
-GUI: Fixed Linux Text Above sub-component buttons in assisted designer wraps.
-GUI: Assisted Designer, moved categories in Quick Details panels to the right..
-GUI: Components modification window will close if you end production of your only component.
-GUI: Increased spaces between end turn arrows.
-GUI: Fixed Advanced vehicle designer, selecting a chassis does not fill the info for the chassis unless the player clicks the chassis.
-GUI: Fixed Stock broker, Bottom of the company details cuts off the marque amount when playing with large text.
-GUI: Fixed competition date wrapping with large font.
-GUI: Fixed bore and stroke wrapping with large font.
-GUI: Fixed racing limitations wrapping with large font.
-GUI: Fixed racing setup wrapping with large font.
-GUI: Fixed Racing series filters having entries such as 0 and en
-GUI: Fixed fixed gearbox contracts requirements wrapping
-GUI: Fixed fixed R&D contract filter drop down widths.
-GUI: Fixed licensing engine text wrapping with large font.
-GUI: Dynamic font resizing for Factory/Branch/District drop downs in Mega Menu.
-GUI: Fixed fixed factory view details wrapping with large font.
-GUI: Fixed incorrect units being used for acceleration and braking.
-GUI: Benefits disabled message in HR when benefits are disabled.
-GUI: Fixed capitalization of dynamic text in some memos.
-Gameplay: Fixed incorrect dates on some memos.
-GUI: Fixed Auto Production restriction text cutoffs with large font.
-GUI Fixed induction systems overlapping in several places with longer induction types.

Probably a few more things that I failed to write down that I fixed.
Unfortunately, a cold slowed down my progress on SP2 over the last week. This was compounded by my other work draining my energy, which left me sleeping too much over the weekend. Sadly, the weekend is when I get the most work done on GC these days.

So the planned pre-design contest has been pushed back to September 7th. I'll make the announcement when that is ready to go. SP2 was pushed back from Wednesday to Friday Or Saturday depending on if I run into any issues.

So what has been taken care of since the last progress thread update?

We released a Hotfix due to crashing with some mods. This hotfix contained several SP2 tickets.

v1.24 SP1 HF1
-Bugfix: Fixed crash when player uses modded AI files.
-Bugfix: Displayed RPMs being higher than they should be.
-Bugfix: Fixed Autoproduction producing too many vehicles if the player messes with the branch district locking system before enabling Auto Production.
-Gameplay: Significant optimization to player production end turn processing speed. This should help players with large save files greatly.

v1.24 SP2 Tickets:
GUI: Fixed display of player outstanding shares in broker view when AI companies hold shares and are not willing to sell.
Gameplay: Reduced the effects of modifications and increased costs more.
Bugfix: Fixed modification exploit allowing the player to do more than 1 modification if they wait longer than 2 years.
GUI: Fixed Saved/Custom GUI overwriting the reports window size.
Bugfix: Fixed issue in racing where two series shared the same ID causing naming confusing.
Gameplay: Reduced random lawsuit settlement and lost cases costs.
Gameplay: Put in time limitations for random lawsuits based on player demand.
Modtools: Fixed a couple of issues with the Gearbox/Gears components editor.
Settings Editor: Fixed issues music/sound fx volumes
Settings Editor: Fixed issues with a few unit types.
GUI: Fixed word wrap with Author's name in Map Selection.
GUI: Dynamically change font size of End Turn company info based on length of the data.
GUI: Fixed some list over wrap due to engine layout name length.
GUI: Fixed alignment of Used Cars in World Map view competition lists.
GUI: Added commas to the City Information popup.
GUI: Fixed some word wrapping with the scrap checkbox for New Generation vehicles on Linux.
GUI: Fixed several word wrapping issues with large font in the Components Refit window.
GUI: Fixed GUI widgets becoming misplaced when resizing Mega Menu window.
Engine: Made the Purge Data system more aggressive. In a 1.1GB test save game, I was able to reduce it to 350MB. This also double reports generation speed. However at the cost of only having 5 years of historical production data. (Some additional optimizations are possibly coming to this system.)

There were a couple more things I worked on that people threw at me via forms, chat, and email.. But to be honest, I am too tired to dig them out. With that, Enjoy! I'm going to bed! ːGCTeddyː
v1.24 SP2 will be released after I am done typing all this stuff!

-GUI: Fixed chassis selection using incorrect player units.
-GUI: Fixed several wrapping issues in Vehicle Prototyping with large font.
-GUI: Added lobbying effectiveness percentage to lobbying screen.
-GUI: Added MIssed Sales to various reports.
-GUI: Fixed several large font wrapping issues with renew contracts window.
-GUI: Adjusted the banking overview panel so that scroll bar would take up less space.
-GUI: Fixed several large font wrapping issues in Banking Overview.
-GUI: Fixed Banking window resizing restrictions
-GUI: Moved line of credit application button to the static side panel. Button also now disappears after you sign up for a line of credit.
-GUI: Fixed issues with raycasting in the world map.
-GUI: Adjusted World Map Marketing summary font size to prevent possible wrapping.
-GUI: Fixed World Map Marketing resizing issues.
-GUI: Fixed Marketing manual entry wrapping issues.
-GUI: Fixed spelling mistake in Lobbying Header Image
-Gameplay Fixed possible overflow issue with credit fees.
-GUI Increased rounding amount for Banking Interest rates.
-GUI Changed default font in GUI sheet files. This may cause wrapping issues throughout the game, but also fixes some wrapping issues.
Work continues as always:

-Bugfix: Fixed possible crash when outsourced AI vehicles are discontinued through mass means.
-Bugfix: AI Gearbox manufacturing requirements ratings were too high.
-Bugfix: Fixed incorrect fuel economy values in ratings window.
-Gameplay: MPG can now be a decimal value.
-GUI: "Save" and "Save As" now displays a message when saving is in progress.
-GUI: Clicking "New Game" on the Main Menu resets the new game options.
-GUI: Fixed skill adjustment achievement covering scroll bars.
-GUI: Auto Production Model Restriction lists now shows "All Vehicles" if no models are being restricted.
-GUI: Fixed double digit completion dates in advance designer panels a second time.
-GUI: Some fixes to the new defined font size system. (Specifically the New Game Options Windows.)
-Gameplay: 12 new achievements.
-Gameplay: Additional tweaks on the AI component selection system to reduce Single Cylinder and Two-Stroke from being paired together.
-Gameplay: Minimum Bond Amount removed.
-Bugfix: Fixed Bond rounding issues.
-Gameplay: Lowered Bond and Loan interest rates
-Gameplay: Improvements to the Credit Ratings system.
-Bugfix: Fixed possible random events that could cause departments to strike even if there were no employees in the department.
-GUI: Assisted designer now has warnings if the vehicle is too slow, and if an engine has less than 5 smoothness/comfort rating.
-Gameplay: Heavy balancing done to the Base Territory Map to reduce sales in late game.
-Gameplay: Additional tweaks done to the AI for Base Territory Maps and other small "territory" maps.
-Mod Tools: Fixed several selection issues with the Components AI Pop Table.
-Engine Removed Shader cache. Shaders will now be generated at run time, which will slow down initial loading, but hopefully reduce crashes caused by bad updates.

There was probably a couple more things that I took care of that wasn't ticketed. Been a heavy support week.
Releasing SP3 now,

-GUI: Fixed wrapping issue with large fonts in Advance Car Designer Vehicle Popularity panel.
-Engine: Implemented system to prevent RnD License GUI (and others) from getting corrupted due to save gui and game updates.
-Mod Tools: Fixed stuck engine layout end year spinner box.
SP4 is a couple days late, but it should be ready Friday or Saturday.

He's what's in it:
-Mod Tools: Fixed removal of sub-components that are no longer in the Components.xml file that are AI Components Popularity File.
-Translations: Translation system is now available in game, Click the Help Button then Translate.
-GUI: Attempted to make Drop Down Box mouse wheel scrolling faster. Still needs some testing.
-Gameplay: Increased marketing and racing's effect on consumer population specific to vehicle models. I.E. customers not in a pool for all models, but just for the specific vehicle.
-Gameplay: Racing series will now show up one year before they start in the racing series lists. You are not able to start a team in this planning stage, but you are able to view the series restrictions in case you want to produce a design for the series.
-GUI: Clone sliders systems now works with in-development vehicles or components.
-Bugfix: Fixed Engine Saved Sliders not loading proper Bore and Stroke.
-Bugfix: Fixed Bore and Stroke range checks for saved engine sliders.
-Bugfix: Fixed issue with Modify engine which could cause power rating to decline.
-GUI: Fixed issue with the Auto-Save GUI checkbox which caused it not to be checked when system is enabled.
-Bugfix: Fixed destroyed factories events not canceling upgrades or rebuilds.
-Artwork: Added some player created designs! Remember, you can still submit your designs. For more information: https://steamcommunity.com/games/285110/...0869879108
-Gameplay: Reduced AI's margin selling outsourced vehicles. Also tweaked branch prices.
-GUI: Added GUI final submission date to the contract side panel.
-GUI: HR wages now show a range of wages instead of an average for job positions that have multiple employees (manufacturing and engineering).
-GUI: HR will now hide if you have auto-production and auto-wage enabled.
-GUI: Branch and Factory Mega Menu's will now hide if you have no vehicles designed.
-Gameplay: Dealership growth and effects have been overhauled.
-Gameplay: Reduced the AI vehicle design time by approximately half.
-Gameplay: Temporary balancing change for City Maps, early year of sales in some high buyer rate countries such as Italy have been increased. This code will be removed when I implement interpolation of city buyer ratings for SP5.
-GUI: A bunch of minor GUI fixes such as over lapping text, cut off widgets, etc. I didn't keep a list as it was a fix while playing sort of session. A lot more of these to come.
-Gameplay: Tweaked low funded racing team's results, which was causing horse power to be slightly more powerful than it should be. More tweaks may be coming.

Most likely a couple more things I didn't write down and/or forgot that I did.
v1.24 SP5 will be released as soon as I am done with these notes. Sadly I lost a weekend due to various of catastrophic issues outside of game development. So SP5 isn't as full as I wanted it to be. But there was a couple issues that needed to be addressed, so no need to delay it.
Here's what is in it.

-Gameplay: City specific buy ratings now interpolate between the city.xml files.
-Maps: Increased small city and low percapita city specific buy rate in early game years on all city-based maps. Also made some adjustments to European city specific buy rates in early game years to increase sales.
-Maps: Added missing infrastructure and fuel data to all maps.
-Gameplay: Dividends now split when the stock splits.
-Bugfix: Fixed development pace slider exploit when designing a new trim.
-Bugfix: Fixed month delay in the End, Scrap, and Replace old model system.
-Gameplay: Total Unit Costs and Manufacturing Costs located on the branch distribution side panels now uses previous turn data instead of estimating future data. This should make it more static, but will not reflect changes in costs until the next turn.
-Gameplay: I finally caved and made factory production lines slider only effect the number of factory lines and the tech slider effect everything else when designing a factory.
-Gameplay: Price and size adjustments when building a factory.
-Bugfix: Fixed issue with build factory production line slider adjusting the price and number of vehicles that can be built, even though the production lines do not increase.
-Bugfix: Fixed issue with low level conflict not effecting demand enough.
-GUI: Price Change Auto Commands now work on a district level if you have a district selected.
-GUI: Adjusting shipping distance on the world map will now show you the maximum transportation costs per vehicle.
-GUI: Added Units Shipped to Contract Revenues report.
-GUI: Color coded war status on New Game Map.
-GUI: Added a breakdown of a vehicle's buyer rating to the Wealth Distribution Chart. Click the Line Graph button next to where you enter the price of a vehicle to see it.
-GUI: Enabled previous/next arrow buttons for Mega Menu Districts.
-Artwork: Added more player designed pre-made vehicles! If you have any to submit, feel free to do so! https://steamcommunity.com/games/285110/...0869879108
-Bugfix: Fixed issue with AI engine designs that could cause bad data in save games.
-Bugfix: Small bug fix for vehicle fuel economy specs which could cause the design to run at optimal economy all the time.
Work on SP6 continues. This supplemental patch is going to take a little longer than the previous ones because SP5 was released a little early to take care of some big issues and because I want to run through a few play tests and knock out a bunch of minor nit-picks. All in the name of polish before I switch to upgrading parts of the engine and filling up the missing text content.

Anyway, What has been done? Here is an incomplete list. I may miss recording some unticketed stuff I worked on.

-Bugfix: Fixed development pace slider disappearing when designing a new generation vehicle.
-Gameplay: Adjustments to new trim and new generation development time when not changing components.
-GUI: Disabled zoom hot keys when text box has keyboard focus.
-Gameplay: New Marques now inherit 75% of parent company's image and skill ratings.
-Gameplay: Expanded marque's image and skill growth to include component designs.
-Bugfix: Fixed "Low Morale" display when contracts are assigned to a factory.
-Gameplay: AI now purges high end vehicles from sale in small cities if they don't sell any units over a period of time. This should speed up turn times slightly.
-Gameplay: Chassis weights have been increased slightly.
-Gameplay: Increased frame's and drivetrain's effect on chassis weights. Minor reduction for other sub components.
-Bugfix: Fixed issue with Buyer Ratings Table that showed all vehicles of a type instead of just the vehicles for sale in the selected city or district.
-Gameplay: Designer paint color will no longer reset after you paint something.
-GUI: Click the GUI will no longer cause an error sound when paint or accessory tools are enabled.
-Gameplay: Marketing Budgets have been added to Stock Reports.
-Gameplay: Reports header has been reorganized. Hopefully it is easier for players to find things instead of just throwing the miscellaneous reports into Reports 1 and Reports 2...
-Gameplay: Branch Reports now has wear information.
-Gameplay: Added Monthly Report to the reports header.
-Gameplay: Additional revenues information added to Quarterly and Annual Reports.
-GUI: RnD rating numbers are now displayed all the time instead of requiring the player to hover over the stars. This has required us to spread out the bottom panel more.
-GUI: Added Project Profits to RnD->View Vehicle.
-GUI: Assisted designer initial sliders positions have been corrected.
-Gameplay: AI production frequency has been replaced with AI Vehicle Design Frequency. This adjusts how many vehicle designs the AI will create.
-GUI: Last year race winnings for series is now displayed in the race series detail's panel on the Racing Budget window.
-Gameplay: Fixed issues with the AI that caused them not to discontinue designs that are listed in Licensing and Outsourcing systems.
-Gameplay: AI high performance cars should be more high performance now.
-Bugfix: Fixed crash when tabbing to name a vehicle trim's after already designing a trim.
-Gameplay: Adjustments to minimum vehicle fuel economy based on the engine design.

There are probably two or three more undocumented things, I just can't remember right now. :\