Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First suggestion post (whoa!): I think about "AirwaySim" and other...
Well I'd imagine the data for airports would be easier to add with how i'm thinking about doing them.

In GearCity, we have city data in an xml file, broken down by starting years so that the growth rates change. Those are read into SQL database, and the world map is hardcoded. My mistake orginally is not having the maps dynamically load based on the longitude and latitude. If I do that then creating an airport is as simple as entering the data into xml.

I make a pretty little gtk program that does all the formatting work, you just keyboard in all the data and ta da! As many airports as you want... All 43000 if you'd like Wink

Of course how many we do is still up in the air. But I guarantee it'll be at least half of the worlds international airports... More if possible.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: First suggestion post (whoa!): I think about "AirwaySim" and other... - by Eric.B - 03-31-2013, 08:50 PM