Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First suggestion post (whoa!): I think about "AirwaySim" and other...
I think Aerobiz can be a good start as a "base" to work on, but more I play with "AirwaySim" and a bit with "Airline Empires", I think that these two are (at the moment, I haven't still received "Airline 7" Sad ) the best on the market today.

Do you want at least 300 airports? I want, at least, 3000 airports (possibly more) Wink
Ok, I know it can be a "little" difficult, but, if you plan to do a game that it isn't only international flights, 300 is a small number, I think.
Today, only in Italy there are 42 (as AirwaySim said) from local to international airports... and this is a conservative number! For example, I live in Reggio Emilia, and there is a local airport with a 1400 mt. runway!

If you really want a complete (totally!) list of possible airports, you have to see this game (http://www.myairline.it/): it's, sadly, an Italian language game, but they have done a huge job to find ALL the possible airports in the world, and also for the models of airplanes selled between 1980 and 2013.

I think that, thinking about the game, you can simply do a "general" behaviour, demand and destination routes for local airports, and "hand" modify only the 500-1000 largest airports in the world cool

As we said (I and MrX) a game when you can choose to be a local, regional, national and international company (or all) can be longer to code, but surely the BEST on the market, because it doesn't exist a game like this, today.

Ok, for the number of possible IA and world map type/style, it seems charming red face
I agree also for the economy part.
I VERY agree also for the data taken/good as in AirwaySim, but really don't forget "MyAirline" (I can help with it, if you need) biggrin

I will also look to a method to create only-transport company (goods) or let the user to create a company that can do pax and good Smile

Also, it can be a great idea to have airplanes not used for common routes (airplanes with less than 5-10 passenger cargo), but as tourism, little cargo or "special" airplanes (we can think about what, for now I have this "vision").

Ok, I have said enough (and I understand if something of this list will not be present in the game Wink ).

Messages In This Thread
RE: First suggestion post (whoa!): I think about "AirwaySim" and other... - by Corwin86 - 03-31-2013, 08:23 AM