Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First suggestion post (whoa!): I think about "AirwaySim" and other...
Ok, I have bought both "Airpro 7" and "Airline 7", the two desktop games that can be considered the competition Smile

I have received only "Airpro 7", for now, and I have tried it...

So... the problem is that I considered it one of the most boring (attention, not "bad") game I ever played...

It have three main problems: a little choice of action, a little amount of grapichs and a little amount of information given to the user...

I know that is an independent and a smal game (I really respect Frank Schoenstedt, the developer and creator), ok, so I don't want to be too harsh, really.

I really want to play and enjoy this game... but seems a little difficult...

I know that the interface was minimal, but... I have spent 20 euros for this game!
And there is a total lack of information in all the game.
How much demand there is on a route? The only way you can know is create ALL the possible routes, and keep only the best ones...

The financial system is so simplified that goes to spans... you earn money, millions, at spans... no chart, no other information...

Differences between aircraft? There are, but not worth anything... you have to take an aircraft and keep it going with a certain occupancy rate to make it earn... stop...

Ok, let's be serious, clear and right... this is link for a game teaser/gameplay (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYICXWiZLss): it last about 4 minutes (2 to set a new game, 2 for set a single turn of the game).
Watch it and think about this: there isn't anything else... the game is ALL this.
Go trought every single month/turn and create routes on this simple and plain grapichs...
No data, no feedback, no options, no charts...
For 20 euros...

I really want to understand this game, but it seems impossible...

So... I don't think you can take some serious ideas from this games (the game is so uninspired that one does not even get angry for having bought it).
Also the things that it does "quiet" well, are done better in different web based games.

I don't see any point to discuss about it...
It's simple, flat and boring.
Maybe you can watch and try it, take it as a "basis"...
But certainly can not be considered a viable competitor Tongue

Edit: ok, sorry, only a little note... The manual of this game is actually good and explain a lot of things... Like: remember that you can boost the demand on a route if you connect it with "free" flights (!!! I don't really think that you can take an airplane for free, in any country of the world Smile ) with airports near and around... and other things like this... so you can simply take the manual, instead of the game, and take some ideas from that...

Messages In This Thread
RE: First suggestion post (whoa!): I think about "AirwaySim" and other... - by Corwin86 - 03-30-2013, 07:21 PM