Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First suggestion post (whoa!): I think about "AirwaySim" and other...
My only suggestion would be to have a wide and yet specific selection when it comes to the types of flights you are doing:

For instance, yes, you can have a simple Passenger/Cargo delineation, and I think that's great for the high level "What sort of airline do you want to make?" question, but when you get down to it, I'd love if there were different types of cargo/passengers you could further refine's mission/purpose.

I'd love if, when it comes to cargo you had:

Bulk Freight (shipping crates of merchandise)
Heavy Freight (Industrial materials, like cars, machinery, things of that nature)
Agricultural Goods/Foodstuffs
Mail
Special (Unique one-off type contracts that might come up if you have a sufficient reputation in this aspect)

And for passengers:
Tourism Charters (Air tours and that sort of thing)
Business/Executive Charters
Regular Passenger Services

=
Aside from that, the option to commission aircraft or otherwise influence the design by lobbying the firms that build them to make planes that better fit your needs. Either through the ability to tweak designs that you order (exchanging engines, adjusting the ratio of seats to cargo, special requests for certain cockpit features, things of that nature).

Maybe even let us play as an airplane manufacturer, creating our own designs in a manner similar to what you've done with GearCity as a complimentary mode for the airlines. And if you're being very daring, maybe even branch out ot create a subsidiary airline as that manufacturer that flies your planes exclusively... Or buy out a manufacturer as an airline in order to ensure you get exactly the designs you desire. I know that's a long shot, but that would definitely be part of the ultimate view of things, if you ask me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First suggestion post (whoa!): I think about "AirwaySim" and other... - by Geredis - 02-07-2014, 11:44 AM